A hydrodynamic model of flood water movement on the Dniester river section from Zalishchyky hydroelectric station to Dniester hydroelectric power station in MIKE 11 software complex has been created, which allows to determine levels in Dniester reservoir at any time in the form of free surface curves. The method of calculating the flow of floods through the Dniester hydroelectric power station on the basis of water inflow forecasts taking into account the characteristics of the flood wave and the mode of filling the reservoir "makes it possible to cut (reduce) the maximum costs through the Dniester hydroelectric power station.
water level fluctuation, flood, forecast, steady state, MIKE 11.
- Dniester PSP Rules of operation of reservoirs of the Dniester cascade of HPPs and PSPs, (2013). Hydrometric and hydrographic works to clarify the volume of the Dniester and buffer reservoirs. Final Report, 732 / ICID-2-T113, PJSC "Ukrhydroproject", Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- MIKE 11 computer modeling of river and canal systems. Quick start guides, (2006), Volga Scientific Consulting Firm, Moscow, Russia.
- Kiselev, P. (1980), Osnovy mekhaniki zhidkosti [Hydraulics. Fundamentals of fluid mechanics], Energiya, Moscow, Russia.
- Grushevsky, M. (1996), “Some questions of hydraulic calculations for flows in open channels”, Proceedings of the Academy of Water Sciences, Vol. 3, pp. 174-192.
- Rules of operation of reservoirs of the Dniester complex hydroelectric power station, (1987), 589-39-T36, Gidroproyekt, Moscow, Russia.
- Clarification of design water and water characteristics of the Dniester hydroelectric power station. Refinement of the estimated discharge flow based on the use of forecasts, (1979), 589-7-T2, Ukrgidroproyekt, Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- Mike 11. User manual and technical references, (1999). DHI, available at: https://www.mikepoweredbydhi.com/products/mike-11.