Effective data protection in operating systems involves a set of controls in the form of software applications, as well the methods determine the importance of different data sets and use the most appropriate security controls. Data and file security is not the only way to protect against unauthorized access to system software. However, data security is one of the many important methods for assessing threats and reducing the risks associated with storing and processing such data. The paper identifies ways to protect the network of Linux-like operating systems in the distribution Manjaro (Ornara). Ways to configure the iptables firewall are suggested. The possibilities of backup are considered and different methods of backup of the system are used: by the software method and by means of the Deja Dup utility.
Arch Linux, Manjaro, information security, network attacks, firewall, backup.
- Khrystynets, N.A. and Skupeiko, D.S. (2020), “Features of designing microkernel components of the operating system using GCC, GNU Binary Utilities in composition with Assembler and C languages”, Kompyuterno-intehrovani tekhnolohiyi: osvita, nauka, vyrobnytstvo, Vol. 39, pp. 208-212.
- Prakash, A. (2022), How to Install Arch Linux, available at: https://itsfoss.com/install-arch-linux/.
- Using gufw and ufw to Configure an Ubuntu 20.04 Firewall (2020), Аnswertopia, available at: https://www.answertopia.com/ubuntu/using-gufw-and-ufw-to-configure-an-ubuntu-firewall.
- Müller, P., Landauer, B., Grinev, A., et al. (2021), Operating system for everyone, available at: https://manjaro.org/.
- Nemeth, E., Snyder, G., Hein, T., et al. (2017), UNIX and Linux System Administration Handbook.