Èlektron. model. 2021, 43(2):86-96
This paper describes the mathematical formulation of the problem of task flow scheduling in GRID – systems with inalienable resources, taking into account the power of the node and the power of the problem, as key factors affecting system performance. There are four methods for solving it. One for easily parallel tasks, the other three for sequential tasks. Described client - server architectural model for building software for distributed computing and tasks that require high computing power of the system. The expediency of comparing the efficiency of the proposed methods with the existing FCFS method, as well – known and widely used in various GRID – systems, is substantiated. Describes the test results, which showed that all new methods give a better result than FCFS.
scheduling algorithms, GRID system, GRID simulator, distributed computing, flows scheduling.
- Kropyvnytska, V.B., Klim, B.V., Romanchuk, A.G. and Slabinoga, M.O. (2011), “Investi-gation of scheduling algorithms in computer systems”, Rozvidka ta rozrobka naftovykh i ha-zovykh rodovyshch, Vol. 2, no. 39, pp. 93-105.
- Desktop grids: Connecting everyone to science. URL: https://sciencenode.org/feature/desktop-grids-connecting-everyone-science.php.
- Choi, S.J., Kim H.S., Byun, E.J. and Hwan, C.S. (2006), “A Taxonomy of Desktop Grid Systems Focusing on Scheduling”, Technical Report: KU-CSE-2006-1120-02, Department of Computer Science and Engeering, Korea University. URL: https://citeseerx.ist.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.75.5256&rep=rep1&type=pdf
- Danilchenko, O.M. and Uzdenov, T.A. (2012), “The process of task scheduling in geo-graphically distributed computer systems with non-alienable resources”, Visnyk ZHDTU, ser. «Tekhnichni nauky», Vol. 2, no. 61, pp.147-154.
- Uzdenov, T. (2021), “New Task Scheduling Algorithm for GRID Systems with Non — Alienable Resources” Systems, Decision and Control in Energy II. Studies in Systems, Decision and Control, Vol. 346.
- Kokilavani, T. and Dr. George Amalarethinam, D.I. (2011), “Load Balanced Min-Min Algorithm for Static Meta-Task Scheduling in Grid Computing”, International Journal of Computer Applications, Vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 43–49.
- Kanani, B. and Maniyar, B. (2015), “Review on Max-Min Task scheduling Algorithm for Cloud Computing”, Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR), Vol. 2, pp. 781–784.
- What is WPF? — Visual Studio. URL: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ visualstudio/designers/getting-started-with-wpf?view=vs-2019.
- Uzdenov, T. (2021), “Simulator of task scheduling in GRID system with non – alienable resources”, Electronic modeling, ISSN 0204-3572, Vol. 1, no. 43, pp. 120.