F.G. Feyziyev, M.R. Mekhtiyeva, Z.A. Samedova
Èlektron. model. 2018, 38(5):11-22
The theorem on the number of errors, which occurred in the received messages in the case of transmission of the binary Bose-Chaudhuri-Hocquenghem codes over communication channels, has been formulated. A modification of the Peterson-Gorenstein-Zierler method, based on the reduction of the matrix to triangular form, for detecting and correcting errors in the binary Bose-Chaudhuri-Hocquenghem codes has been proposed. The technique has been developed for accelerating calculation in accordance with this modification. A detailed description of the algorithm of decoding the received messages based on the above modifications and techniques is given.
Binary Bose-Chaudhuri-Hocquenghem code, Peterson-Gorenstein-Zierler method, matrix in triangular form, primitive element of finite field, error locator.
1. Bleykhut, R. (1986), Teoriya i praktika kodov, kontroliruyushchikh oshibki [Theory and practice of error control codes], Translated by Grushina, I.I., and Blinov, B.M., Mir, Moscow, Russia.
2. Ivanov, M.A. (2001), Kriptograficheskiye metody zashchity informatsii v kompyuternykh sistemakh i setyakh [Cryptographic methods of information protection in computer systems and networks], Kudits-obraz, Moscow, Russia.
3. William, C.H., Vera, P. (2003), Fundamentals of error-correcting codes, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
4. Birkgof, G. and Barti, T. (1976), Sovremennaya prikladnaya algebra [Modern applied algebra], Translated by Manina, Yu.I., Mir, Moscow, Russia.
5. Feyziyev, F.G. (2015), “On one modification of the Peterson-Gorenstein-Zierler algorithm and its effective realization”, Elektronnoe modelirovanie, Vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 3-16.
6. Feyziyev, F.G., and Babavand, A.M. (2012), “Description of decoding of cyclic codes in the class of sequential machines based on the Meggitt theorem”, Avtomatika i vychislitelnaya tekhika, no. 4, pp. 26-33.