V.V. Sapozhnikov, Vl.V. Sapozhnikov, D.V. Efanov, M.R. Cherepanova
Èlektron. model. 2018, 38(3):47-62
Ways of concurrent error detection systems organization are described. Influence of code with summation modulo value on the concurrent error detection system hardware redundancy is studied. Classification of modulo codes with summation is offered.
concurrent error detection system, hardware redundancy, code with summation, Berger code, parity code, modulo codes with summation, detection of error in combinational circuits.
1. Sapozhnikov, V.V., Sapozhnikov, Vl.V., Efanov, D.V. and Cherepanova, M.R. (2016), “Modulo codes with summation in concurrent error detection systems. I. Ability to detect errors by modulo codes in data vectors”, Elektronnoe modelirovanie, Vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 27-48.
2. Kavousianos, X. and Nikolos, D. (1998), “Novel TSC Checkers for Bose-Lin and Bose Codes”, Proceedings of the 3ed IEEE Intern. On-Line Testing Workshop, July 6-8, 1998, Capry, Italy, pp. 172-176.
3. Nikolos, D. and Kavousianos, X. (1999), “Modular TSC checkers for Bose-Lin and Bose codes”, Proceedings of the IEEE VLSI Test Symposium, April 25-29, 1999, Dana Point, USA, pp. 354-360.
4. Goessel, M. and Graf, S. (1994), Error detection circuits, McGraw-Hill, London, UK.
5. Blyudov, A.A., Efanov, D.V., Sapozhnikov, V.V. and Sapozhnikov, Vl.V. (2014), “On codes with summation of data bits in concurrent error detection systems”, Avtomatika i telemekhanika, no. 8, pp. 131-145.
6. Goessel, M. and Sogomonyan, E.S. (1996), “Construction of code-separating and self-parity combination circuits for self-testing and functional diagnostics”, Avtomatika i telemekhanika, no. 11, pp. 155-165.
7. Sogomonyan, E.S. (1974), “Construction of self-testing in-built monitoring circuits for combinational devices”, Avtomatika i telemekhanika, no. 2, pp. 121-133.
8. Berger, J.M. (1961), “A note on error detecting codes for asymmetric channels”, Information and Control, Vol. 4, Iss. 1, pp. 68-73.
9. Collection of digital design Benchmarks, available at: http://ddd.fit.cvut.cz/prj/ Benchmarks/.
10. Yang, S. (1991), Logic synthesis and optimization benchmarks: User guide: Version 3.0”, Microelectronics Center of North Carolina (MCNC), North Carolina, USA.
11. Sapozhnikov, V., Sapozhnikov, Vl. and Efanov, D. (2015), “Modular sum code in building testable discrete systems”, Proceedings of the 13th IEEE East-West Design & Test Symposium (EWDTS'2015), Batumi, Georgia, September 26-29, 2015, pp. 181-187.
12. Lala, P.K. (2001), Self-checking and fault-tolerant digital design, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, San Francisco, USA.
13. Marouf, M.A. and Friedman, A.D. (1978), “Design of self-checking checkers for Berger codes”, Proceedings of the 8th Annual International Conference on Fault-Tolerant Computing, Toulouse, France, 1978, pp. 179-183.
14. Jha, N.K. (1991), “Totally self-checking checker designs for Bose-Lin, Bose and Blaum codes”, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design, Vol. CAD-10, pp.136-143.
15. Pierce, D. and Lala, P.K. (1995), “Efficient self-checking checkers for Berger codes”, Proceedings of the 1st IEEE Int. On-Line Testing Workshop, pp. 238-242.
16. Metra, C., Favalli, M. and Ricco, B. (1995), “Novel Berger code checker”, Proceedings of the IEEE International Workshop on Defect and Fault Tolerance in VLSI Systems, 1995, November 13-15, p. 287.
17. Metra, C. and Lo, J.C. (1996), “Compact and high speed Berger code checker”, The 2nd IEEE International On-Line Testing Workshop, Biarritz, Franze, 1996, July 8-10, pp. 144-149.
18. Piestrak, S.J. (1995), Design of self-testing checkers for unidirectional error detecting codes, Oficyna Wydawnicza Politechniki Wrocavskiej, Wrocaw, Poland.
19. Sapozhnikov, V.V., Sapozhnikov, Vl.V. and Urganskov, D.I. (2002), “Universal structures of counters of ones by randommodulo”, Elektronnoe modelirovanie,Vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 65-81.
20. Sapozhnikov, V.V., Sapozhnikov, Vl.V. and Urganskov, D.I. (2005), “Block structure of binary counter of ones by random modulo”, Elektronnoe modelirovanie, 2005, Vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 47—56.
21. Das, D., Touba, N.A., Seuring, M. and Gossel, M. (2000), “Low cost concurrent error detection based onmoduloweight-based codes”, Proceedings of the 6th IEEE International On-Line Testing Workshop (IOLTW), Spain, Palma de Mallorca, July 3-5, 2000, pp. 171-176.
22. Goessel, Ì. and Sogomonyan, E.S. (1992), “Design of self-testing and self-checking combinational circuits with weakly independent outputs”, Avtomatika i telemekhanika, no. 8, pp. 150-160.
23. Busaba, F.Y. and Lala, P.K. (1994), Self-checking combinational circuit design for single and unidirectional multibit errors, Journal of Electronic Testing: Theory and Applications, Vol. 5, Iss. 5, pp. 19-28.
24. Saposhnikov, V.V., Saposhnikov, Vl.V., Goessel, M. and Morozov, A.A. (1998), “Method of formation of combinational self-checking devices with detection of all single faults”, Elektronnoe modelirovanie, Vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 70-80.
25. Morosow, A., Saposhnikov, V.V., Saposhnikov, Vl.V. and Goessel, M. (1998), “Self-checking combinational circuits with unidirectionally independent outputs”, VLSI Design, Vol. 5, Iss. 4, pp. 333-345.
26. Efanov, D.V., Sapozhnikov, V.V. and Sapozhnikov, Vl.V. (2015), “Applications of modular summation codes to concurrent error detection systems for combinational Boolean circuits”, Avtomatika i telemekhanika, no. 10, pp. 152-169.