Èlektron. model. 2017, 39(5):03-20
Themethods ofmodeling of triode sources of electrons of a high-voltage glow discharge (HGD) with plate control electrode and conical anode have been stated. The proposed methods are based on iteration algorithmwhich permits determining thermodynamic parameters of free electrons in anode plasma with allowance for electrical parameters of themodel and electro-physical parameters ofmaterials used for electrodes and working gas. Modeling resulted in obtaining dependences of energy efficiency of the electron sources on accelerating voltage, burning voltage of a control bit and reduced pressure in the discharge gap. It has been established that the energy efficiency of electron sources of HGD with plate control electrode and conical anode is from 70 to 85%.
triode sources of electrons, high-voltage glow discharge, electrical control of discharge current, anode plasma, energy efficiency.
1. Ladokhin, S.V., Levitsky, N.I., Chernyavsky, V.B. et al. (2007), Elektronnoluchevaya plavka v liteinom proizvodstve [Electron-beam melting in foundry], Stal, Kyiv, Ukraine.
2. Grechanyuk, M.I., Melnyk, A.G., Grechanyuk, I.M. et al. (2014), “Modern electron beam technologies and equipment for melting and physical vapor deposition of different materials”, Elektrotechnica and Elektronika (E+E), Vol. 49, no. 5-6, pð. 115-121.
3. Mattausch, G., Zimmermann, B., Fietzke, F. et al. (2014), “Gas discharge electron sources — proven and novel tools for thin-film technologies”, Elektrotechnica and Elektronika (E+E), Vol. 49, no. 5-6, pp. 183-195.
4. Feinaeugle, P., Mattausch, G., Schmidt, S. and Roegner, F.H. (2011), “A new generation of plasma-based electron beam sources with high power density as a novel tool for high-rate PVD”, Society of Vacuum Coaters, Proceedings of the 54th Annual Technical Conference, Chicago, 2011, pp. 202-209.
5. Yarmolich, D., Nozar, P., Gleizer, S. et al. (2011), “Characterization of deposited films and the electron beam generated in the pulsed plasma deposition gun”, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 50, 08JD03.
6. Mattausch, G., Scheffel, B., Zywitzki, O. et al. (2012), “Technologies and tools for the plasma-activated EB high-rate deposition of Zirconia”, Elektrotechnica and Elektronika (E+E), Vol. 47, no. 5-6, pp. 152-158.
7. Melnik, I.V. (2013), “Generalized methods of modeling triode sources of electrons of high-voltageglow discharge”, Elektronnoe modelirovanie, Vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 93-107.
8. Denbnovetsky, S.V., Melnyk, V.I., Melnyk, I.V. and Tugay, B.A. (2003), “Model of control of glow discharge electron gun current for microelectronics production applications”, Proceedings of SPIE. Sixth International Conference on “Material Science and Material Properties for Infrared Optoelectronics”, Vol. 5065, pp. 64-76.
9. Schiller, S., Geisig, U. and Pantser, S. (1980), Elektronnoluchevaya tekhnologiya [Electron-beam technology], Energiya, Moscow, USSR.