A.P. Safonyk, I.M. Hrytsiuk, M.M. Mishchanchuk, І.V. Ilkiv
Èlektron. model. 2021, 43(4):89-102
Methods for determining the coagulant concentration in the process of electrocoagulation are considered. An experimental laboratory setup for researching photometric analysis processes was created, the principle of which is on the determination of color and light intensity in real time. Based on spectrophotometric analysis an artificial neural network (ANN) has been developed to determine the coagulant concentration (Fe) in real time, which according to the obtained values of RGB converts to the color space of HSL, and then converts to the value of the concentration of Fe. Software for determining the concentration of iron in a coagulant using artificial intelligence has been developed, which is a web application that displays the color parameters of a coagulant, a certain concentration of iron in a coagulant, and also saves the history of all measurements to a database. While investigating ANN by various methods, an optimizer was matched for the respective process, the standard deviation (RMSE) is 6.91%.
artificial neural network, coagulant, intelligent information system, spectrophotometric analysis.
- Iqbal, Z. and Bjorklund, R.B. (2011), “Colorimetric analysis of water and sand samples performed on a mobile phone”, Talanta, Vol. 84, no 4, pp. 1118-1123, available at: https:// doi.org/10.1016/ j.talanta.2011.03.016.
- Heidari-Bafroui, H., Ribeiro, B., Charbaji, A. et al. (2020), “Portable infrared lightbox for improving the detection limits of paper-based phosphate devices”, Measurement, Vol. 173, available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2020.108607.
- Suliman, M.S., Ali, M.S. (2017), “Development of Colorimetric Analysis for Determination the Concentration of Oil in Produce Water”, International Journal of Engineering and Information Systems (IJEAIS), Vol. 1, no 5, pp. 9-13. available at: https://hal.archives-ouvertes. fr/hal-01571284/document.
- Place, B.J. (2013), “Activity Analysis of Iron in Water Using a Simple LED Spectrophotometer”, Anal Sci, Vol. 29, no 6, pp. 677–680, available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih. gov/pmc/articles/ PMC6522128/.
- Masawat, P. (2016), “Green Determination of Total Iron in Water by Digital Image Colorimetry”, Analytical Letters, Vol. 50, no 1, available at: https://doi.org/10.1080/00032719.2016.1174869
- Sreenivasareddy, A. (2017), Determination of Iron Content in Water, Governors State University OPUS Open Portal to University Scholarship.
- Firdausa, M.L., Alwib, W., Trinoveldib, F. et al. (2017), “Digital Image Analysis for the Colorimetric Determination of Aluminum, Total Iron, Nitrite and Soluble Phosphorus in Waters”, Analytical Letters, Volume 50, no 2, pp. 414-430, available at: https://doi.org/10.1080/00032719.2016.1182542.
- Barros, J.A. V.A., de Oliveira, F.M., de O. Santos, G. et al. (2014), “Determination of Chromium and Iron Using Digital Image-based Colorimetry”, Procedia Environmental Sciences, Vol. 20, pp. 298-304, available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proenv.2014.03.037.
- Ribas, T.C.F., Mesquita, R. B.R., Moniz, T. et al. (2020), “Greener and wide applicability range flow-based spectrophotometric method for iron determination in fresh and marine water”, Talanta, Vol. 216, available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.talanta.2020.120925.
- de Oliveira e Silva, A.F., de Castro, W.V. and Pereira de Andrade, F. (2018), “Development of spectrophotometric method for iron determination in fortified wheat and maize flours”, Food Chemistry, Vol. 242, pp. 205-210, available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2017.08.110.
- Alberti, G., Emma, G., Colleoni, R. et al. (2019), “Simple solid-phase spectrophotometric method for free iron(III) determination”, Arabian Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 12, no 4, pp. 573-579, available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arabjc.2014.08.017.
- Zarei, K., Atabati, M. and Malekshabani, Z. (2006), “Simultaneous spectrophotometric determination of iron, nickel and cobalt in micellar media by using direct orthogonal signal correction-partial least squares method”, Analytica Chimica Acta, Vol. 556, no 1, pp. 247-254, available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aca.2005.06.051.
- Yongnian, Ni., Huang, Ch. and Kokot, S. (2007), “Simultaneous determination of iron and aluminium by differential kinetic spectrophotometric method and chemometrics”, Analytica Chimica Acta, Vol. 599, no 2, pp. 209-218, available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aca.2007.08.005.
- Martell-Bonet, L. and Byrne, R.H. (2020), “Characterization of the nonlinear salinity dependence of glass pH electrodes: A simplified spectrophotometric calibration procedure for potentiometric seawater pH measurements at 25 °C in marine and brackish waters: 0.5 ≤ S ≤ 36”, Marine Chemistry, Vol. 220, available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marchem.2020.103764.