V. Vataman, postgraduate student,
T. Petik, postgraduate student, K. Beglov, Ph.D. (Tech.)
Odessа Polytechnic National University
Ukraine, 65044, Odessa, Shevchenko Avenue, 1
The creation of methods for automated power control of power units is an urgent task, for which it is advisable to use the capacities of nuclear power plants. A mathematical model of a nuclear power plant (NPP) as a control object is proposed, which includes a multi-zone model of the active zone with distributed parameters, which makes it possible to take into account its internal properties (including transitional processes for xenon). This makes it possible to reduce the error in modeling the static and dynamic properties of nuclear power plants. A method for automated control of NPP power change using three control loops has been developed: one maintains a scheduled change in reactor power by controlling the concentration of boric acid in the coolant, the second maintains the required value of the axial offset by changing the position of the adjustment rods, and the third supports the temperature regime of heat transfer. Due to the adjustment of the position of the main valves of the turbogenerator, the developed method makes it possible to improve the stability of the energy release in the core with a change in its power under normal operating conditions of the reactor.
nuclear power plant, axial offset, pressurized water reactor.
- Petik, T., Vataman, V. and Beglov, K. (2021), “Simulation of pressurized water reactor to find the best control solution”, Energy Engineering and Control Systems, Vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 126-
- Voronov, A.A. (1985), Vvedeniye v dinamiku slozhnykh upravlyayemykh sistem [Introduction to the dynamics of complex control systems], Nauka, Moscow, USSR.
- Fedorov, V.H., Tytov, V.F. and Rassokhyn, N.H. (1992), Parogeneratory atomnykh electrostantsiy [Steam generators of nuclear power plants], Energoatomizdat, Moscow, Russia.
- Maksimov, M.V., Foshch, T.V. and Nykolskyi, M.V. (2014), “Analysis of the influence of power control methods of a power unit with a pressurized water reactor on the axial offset”, Eastern European Journal of Advanced Technology, Vol. 8, no. 68, pp 19-
- Troianovskyi, B.M., Fylyppov, H.A. and Bulkyn, A.E. (1985), Parovyye i gazovyye turbiny atomnykh elektrostantsiy [Steam and gas turbines of nuclear power plants], Energoatomizdat, Moscow, USSR.
- Foshch, T., Portela, F., Machado, J. and Maksimov, M. (2016), “Regression models of the nuclear power unit VVER-1000 using data mining techniques”, Procedia Computer Science, 100, рр. 253-262.
- Fosh, T.V. (2014), “Analysis of the axial offset of a VVER-1000 power unit in the maneuvering mode”, Trudy Odesskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta, Vol. 1, no. 43, pp. 97-
- Kolesov, V.F., Leppyk, P.A. and Pavlov, S.P. (1990), Dinamika yadernykh reaktorov [Dynamics of nuclear reactors], Energoatomizdat, Moscow, USSR.
- Demchenko, V.A. (2001), Avtomatizatsiya i modelirovaniye tekhnologicheskikh protsessov AES i TES [Automation and modeling of technological processes of nuclear power plants and thermal power plants], Astroprint, Оdessa, Ukraine.
- Krainov, Yu.A. and Astakhov, S.A. (1987), Nekotoryye neytronno–fizicheskiye kharakteristiki seriynogo reaktora VVER–1000 pri manevrirovanii moshchnostyu [Some neutronic characteristics of the serial VVER-1000 reactor during power maneuvering], Institute of Atomic Energy named after I.V. Kurchatov, Moscow, USSR.
- Kyryllov, Y.Y. and Yvanov, V.A. (1966), Regulirovaniye parovykh i gazovykh turbin [Regulation of steam and gas turbines], Mashinostroyeniye, Leningrad, USSR.
- Kyryllov, Y.Y., Yvanov, V.A. and Kyryllov, A.Y. (1978), Parovyye turbiny i paroturbinnyye ustanovki [Steam turbines and steam turbine plants], Mashinostroyeniye, Leningrad, USSR.
- Lukasevych, B.Y., Trunov, N.B., Drahunov, Yu.H. and Davydenko, S.E. (2004), Parogeneratory reaktornykh ustanovok VV·ER dlya atomnykh elektrostantsiy [Steam generators of VVER reactor plants for nuclear power plants], ICC Akademkniga, Moscow, Russia.
- Trunov, N.B., Logvinov, S.A. and Dragunov, Yu.G. (2001), Gidrodinamicheskiye i teplokhimicheskiye protsessy v PGkh AES s VVER [Hydrodynamic and thermochemical processes in steam generators of nuclear power plants with VVER], Energoatomizdat, Moscow, Russia.
- Todortsev, Yu.K., Foshch, T.V. and Nykolskyi, M.V. (2013), “Analysis of power control methods for a power unit with a pressurized water reactor during maneuvering”, Vostochno-yevropeyskiy zhurnal peredovykh tekhnologiy, Vol. 8, no. 66, pp. 3-
- Foshch, T. and Pelykh, S. (2017), “Improved models and method of power change of NPP unit with VVER-1000”, Automation of technological and business-processes, Vol. 9, no. 1, рр. 56-
- Filipchuk, E.V., Potapenko, P.T. and Postnikov, V.V. (1981), Upravleniye neytronnym polem yadernogo reaktora [Control of the neutron field of a nuclear reactor], Energoatomizdat, Moscow, USSR.
- Maksimov, M.V., Baskakov, V.E., Pelykh, S.M. and Tsiselskaya, T.O. (2011), Patent No.59039, IPC G 21 C 7/00 “Method of controlling nuclear power plant with water type reactor when changing reactor power or external load”, u201102453; application date March 01, 2011, publication date April 26, 2011; Bulletin № 8.