Èlektron. model. 2018, 40(6):61-82
The modern vision and aspects of system engineering are investigated. The analysis of the systems engineering body of knowledge has been carried out. The elements of system engineering are described, their features are highlighted and the interrelations between them are described. The life cycle of systems in the context of processes of system engineering is considered. The place and significance of the system architecture in support of processes of system engineering are showed. The methodological basis of industrial technologies for the creation and management of complex organizational and technical systems is substantiated. They provide a holistic representation of the system at different presentation levels and from different points of view.
system, systems engineering, system life cycle, system architecture.
1. SEBoK. (2017), Guide to the Systems Engineering Body of Knowledge, v. 1.9, released 17 Novembe. 2017, available at: https://www.sebokwiki.org/wiki/Guide_to_the_Systems_Engineering_Body_of_Knowledge_(SEBoK).
2. Goode, H. and Machol, R. (1957), Systems Engineering: An Introduction to the Design of
Large-Scale Systems, McGraw-Hill, NY.
3. Warfield, J.N. (1955), Systems Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, Navy Department, Ordnance Research Laboratory, Report NO, Nord 7958-307, available at: http://warfield.gmu.edu/items/show/178.
4. Bertalanffy, L. von. (1968), General System Theory: Foundations, Development, Applications, George Braziller, NY.
5. Wymore, A.W. (1967), A Mathematical Theory of Systems Engineering, The Elements, Robert, E. Krieger, NY.
6. Checkland, P.B. (1981), Systems Thinking, Systems Practice, Wiley, NJ.
7. Yourdon, E. (1988), Managing the Systems Life Cycle: ASoftware Development Methodology Overview, Yourdon Press, NY.
8. Rechtin, E. and Maier, M. (1997), The Art of Systems Architecting (Systems Engineering), CRC Press.
9. INCOSE. (2015), Systems Engineering Handbook: A Guide for System Life Cycle Processes and Activities, Fourth Edition. International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE), John Wiley & Sons Inc, NJ.
10. INCOSE. (2014), A World in Motion: Systems Engineering Vision 2025, July, 2014, International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE), available at: https://www.incose.org/docs/default-source/aboutse/se-vision-2025.pdf.
11. Barton, S.G. (1955), “The Life Cycle and Buying Patterns”, Consumer Behavior, by Lincoln, H. Clark, New York University Press, Vol. 2, pp. 53-112.
12. Wells, W. D. and Gubar, G. (1966), “Life cycle concept in marketing research”, Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 101, pp. 355-363.
13. Elliott, G. (2004), Global Business Information Technology: an Integrated Systems Approach, Addison-Wesley, Boston.
14. ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288:2015. (2015), Systems and software engineering – System life cycle processes, available at: https://www.iso.org/standard/63711.html
15. Estefan, J.A. (2008), Survey of Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Methodologies, May 23, 2008, available at: http://www.omgsysml.org/MBSE_Methodology_Survey_RevB.pdf.
16. Wymore, A.W. (1993), Model-Based Systems Engineering, CRC Press.
17. IDEF0. (1993), Standard for Integration Definition for Function Modeling, Draft Federal Information Processing Standards, Publication 183, available at: http://www.idef.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/idef0.pdf.
18. OMG MDA. (2003), Object Management Group (OMG), Model-Driven Architecture (MDA) Guide, Vol. 1.01, available at: https://www.omg.org/mda/.
19. OMG SysML. (2015), Object Management Group (OMG), OMG Systems Modeling Language (OMG SysML™), Vol. 1.4, available at: https://www.omg.org/spec/SysML/1.4/.
20. OMG UPDM. (2013), Object Management Group (OMG) Unified Profile for DoDAF/MODAF (UPDM), available at: https://www.omg.org/spec/UPDM/2.1/.
21. Vlasova, T., Kovalenko, O. and Kosolapov, V. (2018), “Organizational-Information Technology for Providing and Decisions Making in Situational Management”, 14th International Conference on Advanced Trends in Radioelectronics, Telecommunications and Computer Engineering, TCSET 2018, Proceedings, Vol. 10, April, 2018, pp. 152-157, DOI: 10.1109/TCSET.2018.8336176.
22. ISO/IEC/IEEE 42010:2011. (2011), Systems and software engineering – Architecture description, available at: https://www.iso.org/standard/50508.html.
23. Oliver, D.W., Kelliher, T.P. and Keegan, J.G. (1997), Engineering Complex Systems with Models and Objects, McGraw Hill, NY.
24. ISO/PAS 19450:2015. (2015), Automation systems and integration – Object-Process Methodology, available at: https://www.iso.org/standard/62274.html.
25. OWL 2. (2012), Web ontology language. Document Overview (Second Edition), available at: https://www.w3.org/TR/owl2-overview/.
26. Martin, J.N. (2018), Overview of Emerging ISO Standards on Architecture, available at: http://gsaw.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/2018s05martin.pdf.