Èlektron. model. 2020, 42(6):108-115
In this paper the methodology of searching effective internetwork links topology for defending the global routing is developed. The risk as a measure of information security is used for criteria of topological efficiency. In a framework of risk-based approach a methodology of searching required network links by constructing a node distribution model by trust metrics and significance metrics, which characterize the risk of route hijack. Visualized result of modeling graphically demonstrates practical ways to risk mitigation.
cybersecurity, risk-based model, global routing, route hijack, trust metrics.
- Zubok, V.Yu. (2018), “Determining the ways of counteraction to cyber attacks on the Internet global routing”, Elektronne modelyuvannya, Vol.40, № 5, pp. 67-76.
- Zubok, V. (2019). “A formal description of the Internet global routing objects and processes for global routing cyber attacks impact assessment”, Reyestratsiya, zberihannya i obrobka danykh, Vol. 21, № 5, pp. 67-74. DOI: 10.35681/1560-9189.2019.21.4.199409
- Dimitropoulos, X. and Riley, G (2006), “Modeling Autonomous–System Relationships”, 20th Workshop on Principles of Advanced and Distributed Simulation (PADS'06), Singapore, May 24-26, 2006. DOI: 10.1109/PADS.2006.26
- Fuller, V. and Li, (2006), “Classless Inter-domain Routing (CIDR): The Internet Address Assignment and Aggregation Plan”, available at: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4632 (accessed: November 10, 2019).
- Mokhor, V. and Zubok, V. (2017), Formuvannia mіzhvuzlovikh zviazkіv v Іnternet z vikoristanniam metodіv teorії scladnikh merezh [Interconnection of the Internet nodes using methods of the complex networks theory], Prometey, Kyiv, Ukraine.