Èlektron. model. 2022, 44(6):102-111
The fleet of electric vehicles in the world is growing rapidly, as its use allows reducing the consumption of fossil fuels, as well as the corresponding emissions of greenhouse gases and pollutants into the atmosphere. The elaboration of Ukraine’s national strategy for the development of electric transport should be based on thorough studies of the impact of its implementation on the functioning of the Integrated Energy System of Ukraine. The aim of the paper was to study the impact of the potential introduction of electric transport on the operation of the Integrated Energy System of Ukraine, namely the effect of EM charging modes on the fossil fuel consumption of the IES and therefore emissions of GHG and other pollutants. The information and software complex developed at the Institute of General Energy of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine was used for the calculations. A set of calculations of the operation of the IES was carried out for different charging modes of electric transport: standard, uniform and night. The use of the night charging mode of electric vehicles allows reducing the amount of fossil fuel combustion and emissions of GHG and pollutants by approximately 9%.
Ukraine’s Integrated energy system, emissions of greenhouse gases, energy efficiency.
- Resource Library Encyclopedic Entry Distribution of Fossil Fuels, available at: https:// nationalgeographic.org/?q=Fossil%20Fuels&page[number]=1&page[size]=25 (accessed November 11, 2022).
- Vehicles in Use Europe 2022, available at: https://www.acea.auto/files/ACEA-report-vehicles-in-use-europe-2022.pdf (accessed November 10, 2022).
- European Commission. 2050 Long-Term Strategy, available at: https://ec.europa.eu/clima/ eu-action/climate-strategies-targets/2050-long-term-strategy_en (accessed November 10, 2022)
- Electric Vehicles: tax Benefits & Purchase Incentives, 2022, available at: https:// www.acea.auto/files/Electric_vehicles-Tax_benefits_purchase_incentives_European_Union_ 2021.pdf (accessed November 11, 2022).
- Statista database, available at: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1256609/electric-cars-per-population-worldwide (accessed November 10, 2022).
- Shulzhenko, S.V. (2021), “Thermal Power Plant Fuel Consumption Accounting using “Negative” Member Method in Linear Programming Model for Optimal Generation Dispatch”, Problemy zahalnoyi enerhetyky, Vol. 3, no. 66, pp. 4–13, available at: https://doi.org/10.15407/pge2021.03.004.
- Shulzhenko, S., Turutiukov, O. and Bilenko, M. (2020), “Mixed integer linear programming dispatch model for power system of Ukraine with large share of baseload nuclear and variable renewables”, 2020 IEEE 7th International Conference on Energy Smart Systems (ESS), pp. 363-368.
- Shulzhenko, S.V., Turutikov, O.I. and Ivanenko, N.P. (2020), “Mixed-integer linear programming mathematical model for founding the optimal dispatch plan of Ukrainian thermal power plants’ units and hydro pumping storages stations’ units for balancing daily load profile of power system of Ukraine”, Problemy zahalnoyi enerhetyky, Vol. 1, no. 60, pp. 14–23, available at: https://doi.org/10.15407/pge2020.01.014.
- Meissner, F. and Clemens, S. (2019), Curtailment of renewable electricity as a flexibility option, Berlin Economics GmbH, Berlin, Germany, available at: https://www.lowcarbonukraine.com/wp-content/uploads/LCU_PP04_2019-10_en (accessed November 10, 2022).
- Kies, A., Schyska, B.U. and Von Bremen, L. (2016), “Curtailment in a Highly Renewable Power System and Its Effect on Capacity Factors”, Energies, Vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 510, available at: https://www.mdpi.com/1996-1073/9/7/510/, https://doi.org/10.3390/en9070510
- Li, N., Yuan, B. and Zhang, F. (2018), “Study on reasonable curtailment rate of large scale renewable energy”, IOP Conference Series Earth and Environmental Science, 121, no. 5, 052092, available at: https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1755-1315/121/5/052092/pdf, https://doi.org/10.1088/1755-1315/121/5/052092 (accessed November 10, 2022).
- Xiaohe, Y., Chenghong, G., Li, F. and Wang, Zh. (2018), “LMP-based Pricing for Energy Storage in Local Market to Facilitate PV Penetration”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 33, no. 3, available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/321930875_LMPbased_Pricing_for_Energy_Storage_in_Local_Market_to_Facilitate_ PV_Penetration, https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2017.2785286 (accessed November 10, 2022).