V.V. Honcharov, O.O. Chorny, I.S Skarga-Bandurova, V.D. Samoylov
Prototypes are obtained by implanting Cr, Mo, Ti ions in 12Cr18Ni10Ti stainless steel in two modes. The microstructure is studied by optical microscopy. The average surface roughness, waviness and roughness coefficient are determined and their dependence on the doping dose is shown. Simulation of ion penetration into the material is performed using SRIM and RIO programs. Concentration profiles of ion distribution are given. Using the models, projected runs, sputtering coefficients and spray layer thickness are calculated. It is shown that the sputtering coefficients depend on the ion run, and the thickness of the sputtered layer depends on the doping dose. The difference in ion distribution profiles between SRIM and RIO programs is shown. Using RIO, simulation of titanium ion implantation with an energy of 1 keV is performed and the formation of a nanoscale surface film is established. It is shown that RIO software, in contrast to SRIM, allows to take into account the processes that occur simultaneously with implantation and affect the final result of surface characteristics (roughness, ripples).
computer simulation, ion implantation, ions, modification.
- Pogrebnjak, A.D., Webster, R.F., Tilley, R.D. et al. (2021), “Formation of Si-Rich Interfaces by Radiation-Induced Diffusion and Microsegregation in CrN/ZrN Nanolayer Coating”, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Vol. 13, no. 14, pp. 16928-16938.
- Yang, H., Wei, C., Yemao, L. et al. (2019), “Surface modification of graphite by ion implantation for promoting the electrochemical property in Li-ion batteries”, Applied Surface Science, Vol. 484, pp. 726-731.
- Acciari, H.A., Palma, D.P.S., Codaro, E.N. et al. (2019), “Surface modifications by both anodic oxidation and ion beam implantation on electropolished titanium substrates”, Applied Surface Science, Vol. 487, pp. 1111-1120.
- Ryabchikov, E.B., Kashkarov, A.E., Shevelev, A. and Obrosov, D.O. (2019), “Sivin, Surface modification of Al by high-intensity low-energy Ti-ion implantation: Microstructure, mechanical and tribological properties”, Surface and Coatings Technology, Vol. 372, pp. 1-8.
- Zhu, H., Wang, Zh., Cui, M., Li, B. et al. (2015), “Temperature dependent surface modification of T91 steel under 3.25MeV Fe-ion implantation”, Applied Surface Science, Vol. 326, pp. 1-6.
- Loho, T., Leveneur, J. and Kennedy, J. (2019), “Effects of surface topography and chemistry modifications of stainless steel through ion implantation on icephobicity”, Procedia Manufacturing, Vol. 30, pp. 231-238.
- Li, Yi., Li, M., Utaka, Yo., Yang, Ch. and Wang, M. (2020), “Effect of copper surface modification applied by combined modification of metal vapor vacuum arc ion implantation and laser texturing on anti-frosting property”, Energy and Buildings, Vol. 223, pp. 110-132.
- Ryabchikov, A.I., Sivin, D.O., Korneva, O.S., Bozhko, I.A. and Ivanova, A.I. (2020), “Modification of the microstructure and properties of martensitic steel during ultra-high dose high-intensity implantation of nitrogen ions”, Surface and Coatings Technology, Vol. 388, pp. 125-557.
- Honcharov, V., Zazhigalov, V.A., Sawlowicz, Z., Socha, R. and Gurgol, J. (2017), “Structural, Catalytic, and Thermal Properties of Stainless Steel with Nanoscale Metal Surface Layer”, Springer International Publishing, pp. 355-364.
- Zazhigalov, V.A., Honcharov, V., Bacherikova, I., Socha, R. and Gurgul, J. (2018), “Formation of Nanodimensional Layer of Catalytically Active Metals on Stainless Steel Surface by Ionic Implantation”, Theoretical and Experimental Chemistry, Vol. 54, pp. 1-10
- Volker, H., Heiner, R. and Lothar, F. (2012), "Purity of Ion Beams: Analysis and Simulation of Mass Spectra and Mass Interferences in Ion Implantation", Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 2012, Article ID 610150.
- Liu, L., Xu, Z., Li, R., Zhu, R. et al. (2019), ”Molecular dynamics simulation of helium ion implantation into silicon and its migration”, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, Vol. 456, pp. 53-59.
- Kang, Q., Fang, X., Wu, Ch. et al. (2021), “Modification mechanism of collaborative ions implanted into 4H-SiC by atomic simulation and experiment”, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, Vol. 212, pp. 106-832.
- Firestein, K.L., Kvashnin, D.G., Sheveyko, A.N., Sukhorukova, I.V., Kovalskii, A.M., Matveev, A.T., Lebedev, O.I., Sorokin, P.B., Golberg, D. and Shtansky, D.V. (2016), “Structural analysis and atomic simulation of Ag/BN nanoparticle hybrids obtained by Ag ion implantation”, Materials & Design, Vol. 98, pp. 167-173.
- Ji, L., Liu, L., Xu, Z., Song, Yi., Wu, J., Li, R. and Fang, F. (2020), “Molecular dynamics simulation on the effect of dislocation structures on the retention and distribution of helium ions implanted into silicon”, Nanotechnology and Precision Engineering, Vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 81-87.
- SRIM Legal Disclaimer, available at: http://www.srim.org/ SRIM/SRIMLEGL.htm [accessed 14 Jan. 2022].
- Agarwal, S., Lin, Y., Li, C., Stoller, R.E. and Zinkle, S.J. (2021), “On the use of SRIM for calculating vacancy production: Quick calculation and full-cascade options”, Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research Section B: Beam Interactions with Materials and Atoms, Vol. 503, pp. 11-29.
- Kaniukov, E., Kutuzau, M., Bundyukova, V., Yakimchuk, D., Kozlovskiy, A., Borgekov, D., Zdorovets, M., Shlimas, D. and Shumskaya, A. (2019), “SRIM Simulation of Carbon Ions Interaction with Ni Nanotubes”, Materials Today: Proceedings, Vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 872-877.
- Cherny, A.A., Maschenko, S.V., Honcharov, V.V. et al. (2015), “Nanodimension layers on stainless steel surface synthesized by ionic implantation and their simulation. Nanoplasmonics, Nano-Optics, Nanocomposites and Surface Studies”, Springer, pp. 203-213.
- Gwyddion – Free SPM (AFM, SNOM/NSOM, STM, MFM, …) data analysis software, available at: http://gwyddion.net/ (14.01.2022).
- Suzuki, K. (2018), “Ion Implantation and Activation”, Bentham Science Publishers, Vol. 2, 171 p.
- Mrochek, Zh.A. and Logvin, V.A. (2012), Ionnaya implantatsiya i strukturno-fazovoe sostoyanie materialov [Ion implantation and structural-phase state of materials], BNTU, Minsk, Belarus.