Èlektron. model. 2023, 45(2):108-114
The temperature field is simulated in the OpenFOAM package using standard and created solvers. The object of research is numerical solvers of the OpenFOAM package and auxiliary utilities for calculating the temperature field. The influence of OpenFOAM package solvers on the calculation time of the temperature field is revealed, which makes it possible to create a solver with a shorter calculation time. The analysis of heat exchange was carried out by solving the problem of thermal conductivity. The created solver is written using the OpenFoam open source code in the C++ programming language in the Visual Studio Code environment. For the work of the solver on the Salome platform, a calculation grid is generated. The created solver for calculating temperatures in the OpenFOAM package requires less time for calculation.
solver, temperature field, computational mesh, OpenFOAM.
- Girfoglio, M., Quaini, A. and Rozza, G. (2014), “Validation of an openFOAM based solver for the Euler Equations with benchmarks for mesoscale atmospheric modeling”, available at: https://arxiv.org/pdf/2302.04836.pdf (accessed February 9, 2023)
- Tukovic, Z., Karac, A., Cardiff, , Jasak, H. and Ivankovic, A. (2018), “OpenFOAM Finite Volume Solver for Fluid-Solid Interaction”, available at: https://www.academia. edu/48642912/OpenFOAM_Finite_Volume_Solver_for_Fluid_Solid_Interaction (accessed February 20, 2023)
- “OpenFOAM v8 User Guide”, available at: https://cfd.direct/openfoam/user-guide (accessed September 24, 2014)
- Rhoads, J. (2014) “OpenFOAM Workshop 2014: Effects of grid quality on solution accuracy” Available from: http://afinemesh.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/ofw20141.pdf (accessed July 3, 2014)
- “OpenFoam 2020”, available at: https://www.openfoam.org (accessed July 19, 2004)
- “ParaView 2020”. Available at: https://www.paraview.org (accessed April 23, 2002)
- “С++ 2020”, available at: https://cplusplus.com/ (accessed April 4, 1999)
- Labai, V. Y. (1998) Teplomasoobmin [Heat Exchange], Triada Plus, Lviv, Ukraine.
- Ivanchenko, V.V., Barvin, O.I. and Shtunda, Yu.M. (2006) Konstruiuvannia ta rozrakhunok kozhukhotrubchatykh teploobminnykh aparativ [Design and calculation of shell-and-tube heat exchangers], publishing House of SNU named after V. Dalya, Lugans’k, Ukraine.
- “Docker. 2020”, available at: https://docker.com (accessed December 26, 2022)
- “Core i7 Crushes M1 in AI”, available at:https://www.pcworld.com/article/394051/intel-benchmarks-say-apples-m1-isnt-faster.html#:~:text=For%20content%20creation%20tasks% 2C%20Intel,265%20file%20conversion (accessed February 23, 2023)