O.O. Suprunenko, B.O. Onyshchenko, J.E. Grebenovych
Èlektron. model. 2022, 44(2):38-50
The basic characteristics of the model of the software system which belong to the working capacity and predictability, are described. Analyzed tools were used for the modeling of software systems. As a basis for the tools of modeling and analysis of the dynamic properties of software systems, the choice of interpretations and modifications of Petri nets is justified. They allow to follow structural similarity in the model system and also have an unambiguous mathematical description. The analysis of the properties of Petri nets allows to reveal obvious and hidden errors in functioning of PN-model of software system, that is not always possible in the application of simulation modeling. To such properties belongs liveliness, boundedness, reachability, preservation, conflictlessness, controllability. The T- and P-invariants, as well as the characteristics of the incidence matrix, allow to detect compliance with these characteristics. The matrix description of the PN-model was carried out with the help of the basic equation of the Petri net, definition identification of invariants and their analysis to reveal dynamic properties of the model. The rule of absence of hidden deadlocks and infinity loops in PN-model is formulated. The detection of hidden errors — deadlock and infinity loop are described. The solution of the deadlock elimination was proposed; its conformity to the dynamic properties was checked. The definition and correction of hidden errors on the example of not fully controlled PN-model is illustrated. The presented method of analysis of PN-models has practical application in step-by-step analysis of the software model. Phasing of the analysis of software model caused by the proliferation of component-oriented technology of software system development and the limiting the number of PN-model elements. It can be applied both independently and as a part of the combined approach to the simulation modeling of systems with parallelism.
Petri net, PN-model software system, analysis of hidden errors.
- Sommerwill, I. (2002), Software engineering, Williams House.
- Suprunenko, O. (2021), “Combined approach architecture development to simulation modeling of systems with parallelism”, Eastern-European Journal of Enterprise Technologies, 4(4(112)), pp. 74-82.
- Stojan, V.A. (2008), Modelyuvannya ta identyfikatsiya dynamiky system z rozpodilenymy parametramy [Modeling and identification of dynamics of systems with distributed parameters], Kyyivskyy universytet, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Suprunenko, О.О., Onyshchenko, B.О. and Grebenovich, J.E. (2020), “Analytical approach in the study of the properties of the graph model of a software system. Proceedings of the international scientific-practical conference”, Pratsi mizhnarodnoyi naukovo-praktychnoyi konferentsiyi «Matematychne modelyuvannya protsesiv v ekonomitsi ta upravlinni proektamy i prohramamy» (MMP-2020) [Mathematical modeling of processes in economics and project and program management (MMP-2020)], Kharkiv, KNURE, September 14-18, 2020, pp. 110-113.
- Braude, E. (2004), Tekhnologiya razrabotki programmnogo obespecheniya [Software engineering: Object-Oriented Perspective (Software development technology)], Piter, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Karpov, J.G. (2005), Imitatsionnoye modelirovaniye sistem. Vvedeniye v modelirovaniye s AnyLogic 5 [Simulation modeling of systems. Introduction to modeling with AnyLogic 5], BHV-Peterburg, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Andreev, А.М., Mozarov, G.P. and Sjuzev, V.V. (2011), Mnogoprotsessornyye vychislitel'nyye sistemy. Teoreticheskiy analiz, matematicheskiye modeli i primeneniye [Multiprocessor computing systems. Theoretical analysis, mathematical models and applications], Izdatelstvo MGTU im. N.E. Baumana, Moscow, Russia.
- Van der Aalst, W.M.P. and Best, E. (2017), Application and Theory of Petri Nets and Concurrency, 38th International Conference, PETRI NETS 2017, Zaragoza, Springer, June 25-30, 2017, available at: https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-319-57861-3 (accessed: December 25, 2021).
- Van der Aalst, W.M.P. (2003), Pi calculus versus Petri nets: let us eat humble pie rather than further inflate the pi-hype, available at: tmitwww.tm.tue.nl/staff/wvdaalst/pihype.pdf (accessed: August 29, 2021).
- Suprunenko, О.О. (2013), “Paradigms of simulation modeling in the study of complex systems with parallelism”, Skhidnoyevropeyskyy zhurnal peredovykh tekhnolohiy, Vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 63-67.
- Vernikov, G. (2009), Standarty modelirovaniya IDEF i ABC [Modeling standards IDEF and ABC], available at: http://www.cfin.ru/vernikov/idef/idef0 (accessed: December 18, 2014).
- Serdjuk, А.G. (2001), “Component model of distributed information systems”, Materialy 8-y Mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-metodicheskoy konferentsii «Novyye informatsionnyye tekhnologii v universitetskom obrazovanii: Kompyuternyye seti, sistemy telekommunikatsiy i instrumentalnyye sredstva» [Materials of the 8th International Scientific and Methodological Conference "New Information Technologies in University Education: Computer Networks, Telecommunications Systems and Tools"], SGUPS, Novosibirsk, Russia.
- Voevodin, V.V. (1986), Matematicheskiye modeli i metody v parallel'nykh protsessakh [Mathematical models and methods in parallel processes], Nauka, Moscow, Russia.
- Karpov, J.G. (2010), Verifikatsiya parallelnykh i raspredelonnykh programmnykh sistem [Model Checking. Verification of parallel and distributed software systems], BHV-Petersburg, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Ugolnitskiy, G.А. (2010), “Simulation and optimization models of complex systems, taking into account their structure”, Upravleniye bolshimi sistemami, Vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 799-816, available at: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/imitatsionnye-i-optimizatsionnye-modeli- slozhnyh-sistem-s-uchetom-ih-struktury (accessed: December 12, 2021).
- Lavrishcheva, K.M. and Slabospizka, О.О. (2013), “An approach to building an object-component model of a family of software products”, Problemy prohramuvannya, Vol. 4, pp. 14–24.
- Cherednichenko, J.О., Hontar, M.Ju., Ivashchenko, О.V. and Vovk, М.А. (2018), “Analysis of component-oriented methods of e-business software development”, Visnyk Vinnytskoho politekhnichnoho instytutu, Vol. 2, pp. 80-88.
- Kralina, G.S. and Smagliy, Е.R. (2018), “Component-oriented programming is a modern approach to the development of complex software systems”, Tezy IX mizhnarodnoyi naukovo-praktychnoyi konferentsiyi «Informatsiyno-kompyuterni tekhnolohiyi 2018» [Abstracts of the IX International Scientific and Practical Conference «Information and Computer Technologies 2018»], Zhytomyr, ZVydavnytstvo Zhytomyrskoho derzhavnoho universytetu «Zhytomyrska politekhnika».
- Kuzmuk, V.V., Suprunenko, O.A. (2014), “The means for the description of information flows in dynamic models of medical hardware-software systems”, Theoretical and Applied Science, Vol. 7, no. 15, pp. 11-18.
- Nesterenko, B.B. and Novotarskiy, M.A. (2012), Formalni zasoby modelyuvannya paralelnykh protsesiv ta system [Formal tools for modeling parallel processes and systems], Pratsi Instytutu matematyky NAN Ukrayiny, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Murata, T. (1989), “Petri Nets: Properties, Analysis and Applications”, Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 4, no. 77, pp. 541-574.
- Reisig, W. and Rozenberg, G. (1998), “Informal Introduction to Petri Nets” Lectures on Petri Nets I: Basic Models. Advances in Petri Nets. Series: Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 1491, pp. 1-12.
- Kryvyi, S.L. (2001), “On the calculation of the minimum set of Petri net invariants”, Iskusstvennyy intellekt, Vol. 3, pp. 199–206.
- Piterson, D. (1984), Teoriya setey Petri i modelirovaniye sistem [Theory of Petri nets and system modeling], Mir, Moscow, USSR.