I.V. Melnyk, S.B. Tuhai, V.O. Kyryk, I.S. Shved
Èlektron. model. 2021, 43(6):76-94
In the article, based on the analysis of the basic provisions of the theory of high - voltage glow discharge (HVGD), a method of modeling electrode systems of gas discharge guns with focusing of the electron beam in the field of a short magnetic lens is proposed. To calculate the electric field in the electrode system the finite-difference Poisson equation has been used, which, to simplify its using in the software, is written in the form of an arithmetic-logical expression. Analysis of the guiding of the electron beam in the free drift region was performed with using a system of equations of discrete mathematics based on the Rutherford scattering model. A numerical algorithm for calculating the focus position of the electron beam and its focal diameter is also proposed. To estimate the position of the plasma boundary, a simulation method based on the conversion of the anode plasma volume from a one-dimensional system to the actual spatial geometry of the electrodes was used. In this case, the calculation of the height of the anode plasma in a real electrode system is reduced to the analytical solution of the cubic equation. The calculation of the magnetic field of a short lens was performed using the Yavor model. To implement the proposed methods of modeling HVGD guns, it is proposed to use arithmetic and logical expressions and methods of matrix programming. The obtained results of calculations on the distribution of the electric field in the electrode system, the boundary trajectories of the electron beam in the field of magnetic lense, as well as the distribution of the current density in the focal plane of the hollow electron beam with the ring focus are presented.
technological electron sources, high voltage glow discharge, anode plasma, magnetic focusing.
- Grechanyuk, M.I., Melnyk, A.G., Grechanyuk, I.M., Melnyk, V.G. and Kovalchuk, D.V. (2014), “Modern electron beam technologies and equipment for melting and physical vapor deposition of different materials”, Elektrotechnica and Electronica (E+E), Vol. 49, no. 5-6, pp. 115-121.
- Mattausch, G., Zimmermann, B., Fietzke, F., Heinss, J.P., Graffel, B., Winkler, F., Roegner, F.H. and Metzner, C. (2014), “Gas discharge electron sources – proven and novel tools for thin-film technologies”, Elektrotechnica and Electronica (E+E), Vol. 49, no. 5-6, pp. 183- 195.
- Feinaeugle, P., Mattausch, G., Schmidt, S. and Roegner, F.H. (2011), “A new generation of plasma-based electron beam sources with high power density as a novel tool for high-rate PVD”, Society of Vacuum Coaters, 54-th Annual Technical Conference Proceedings, Chicago, SVC, pp. 202- 209.
- Yarmolich, D., Nozar, P., Gleizer, S., Krasik, Y.E., Mittica, G., Ancora, C., Brilliante, A., Bilotti, I. and Tiliani, C. (2011), “Characterization of deposited films and the electron beam generated in the pulsed plasma deposition gun”, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 50, no. 8.
- Mattausch, G., Scheffel, B., Zywitzki, O., Metzner, C. and Roegner, F.H. (2012), “Technologies and tools for the plasma-activated EB high-rate deposition of Zirconia”, Elektrotechnica and Electronica (E+E), Vol. 47, no. 5-6, pp. 152-158.
- Druzhinin, A.A., Ostrovskii, I.P., Khoverko, Y.N., Liakh-Kaguy, N. S. and Vuytsyk, A.M. (2017), “Low temperature characteristics of germanium whiskers”, Functional materials, Vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 130-136.
- Druzhinin, A.A., Bolshakova, I.A., Ostrovskii, I.P., Khoverko, Y.N. and Liakh-Kaguy, N.S. (2015), “Low temperature magnetoresistance of InSb whiskers”, Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, Vol. 40, pp. 550-555.
- Denbnovetskiy, S., Melnyk, V., Melnyk, I., Tugai, B., Tuhai, S., Wojcik, W., Lawicki, T., Assambay, A. and Luganskaya, S. (2017), “Principles of operation of high voltage glow discharge electron guns and particularities of its technological application”, Proceedings of SPIE, The International Society of Optical Engineering, pp. 10445-10455.
- Melnyk, I., Tyhai, S. and Pochynok, A. (2021), “Universal Complex Model for Estimation the Beam Current Density of High Voltage Glow Discharge Electron Guns”, Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, 152, pp. 319-341, available at:
- Kasper, E. and Hoks, P. (1993), Osnovy elektronnoy i ionnoy optiki. V 2-h tomah. T. 1 [Fundamentals of Electronic Optics. In 2 volumes. V. 1], Mir, Moscow, Russia.
- Kasper, E. and Hoks, P. (1993), Osnovy elektronnoy i ionnoy optiki. V 2-h tomah. T. 2 [Fundamentals of Electronic Optics. In 2 volumes. V. 2], Mir, Moscow, Russia.
- Molokovskiy, S.I. and Sushkov, D.I. (1991), Intensivnye elektronnye i ionnye puchki [Intense electron and ion beams], Energiia, Moscow, Russia.
- Szilagyi, M. (2021), Electron and Ion Optics, Springer Science & Business Media.
- Melnyk, I.V. and Pochynnok, A.V. (2020), “Using of Matrix Algorithms for Calculation of Trajectories of Charged Particles and for Defining Parameters of Electron Beam”, Elektronnoe modelirovanie, Vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 73-90.
- Melnyk, I.V. and Pochynnok, A.V. (2019), “Simulation of high-voltage glow discharge electron sources forming profile electron beams”, Radioelektronika, 48, no. 6, pp. 311-323.
- Melnyk, I.V. and Pochynnok, A.V. (2019), “System of constructive geometrical parameters of the model of electronic guns of high-voltage glow discharge, which form profile electron beams”, Systemni doslidzhennia ta informatsiini technologii, Vol. 1, pp. 50-65.
- Samarskiy, A.A. and Gulin, A.V. (1989), Chislennye metody. Uchebnoe posobie dlia vuzov [Numerical methods. Textbook for universities], Nauka, Moscow, Russia.
- Mathews, J.H. and Fink, K.D. (1998), Numerical Methods. Using Matlab. Third Edition, Amazon.
- Vasiliev, F.P. (1988), Chislennye metody resheniia ekstremalnyh zadach. Uchebnoe posobie dlia vuzov [Numerical methods for solving extreme problems. Textbook for universities], Nauka, Moscow, Russia.