I.V. Melnyk, A.V. Pochynok
Èlektron. model. 2018, 40(5):77-90
The paper deals with the methods of determining anode plasma boundary form and position in diode and triode electrode systems of high voltage glow discharge (HVGD) electron sources, based on photographing of discharge gap and on using the method of computer analysing of image brightness. During the simulation of self-consistent electron-ion optic of HVGD electron sources the anode plasma boundary is considered as the source of ions and as the transparent electrode for electrons with potential close to the cathode potential. The brightness map of discharge gap images for diode and triode electrodes systems are presented and singularities of algorithms of analyzing these images are described. For describing of plasma boundary geometry in diode and triode HVGD electrode systems the simple analytical relations have been obtained. For simulation of self-consistent electron-ion optic of HVGD electrode systems the approximate relations were obtained. These relations have also been used for estimation of focal diameter of formed electron beam. The obtained simulation results were compared with experimental data. Disagreement between the theoretical and experimental data for the simulated electrode systems was in the range of 20-25%.
high voltage glow discharge, anode plasma, computer analysis of images, images recognizing.
- Zavialov, A., Kreyndel, Yu. E., Novikov, A.A. and Shanturin, L.P., (1989), Plazmennye protsessy v tekhnologicheskikh elektronnykh pushkakh [Plasma processes in technological electron guns], Enegroatomizdat, Moscow, USSR.
- Grechanyuk, I., Melnyk, A.G., Grechanyuk, I.M., Melnyk, V.G. and Kovalchuk, D.V. (2014), Modern electron beam technologies and equipment for melting and physical vapor deposition of different materials, Elektrotechnica and Electronica (E+E), Vol. 49, no. 5-6, pp. 115-121.
- Mattausch, , Zimmermann, B., Fietzke, F., Heinss, J.P., Graffel, B., Winkler, F., Roegner, F.H. and Metzner, C. (2014), Gas discharge electron sources – proven and novel tools for thin-film technologies, Elektrotechnica and Electronica (E+E), Vol. 49, no 5-6, pp. 183-195.
- Feinaeugle, , Mattausch, G., Schmidt, S. and Roegner, F.H. (2011), A new generation of plasma-based electron beam sources with high power density as a novel tool for high-rate PVD, Society of Vacuum Coaters, Proceedings of the 54th Annual Technical Conference, Chicago, pp. 202-209.
- Yarmolich, , Nozar, P., Gleizer, S., Krasik, Y.E., Mittica, G., Ancora, C., Brilliante, A., Bilotti, I. and Tiliani, C. (2011), Characterization of deposited films and the electron beam generated in the pulsed plasma deposition gun, Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 50, 08JD03.
- Mattausch, , Scheffel, B., Zywitzki, O., Metzner, C. and Roegner, F.H. (2012), Technologies and tools for the plasma-activated EB high-rate deposition of Zirconia”, Elektrotechnica and Electronica (E+E), Vol. 47, no. 5-6, pp. 152-158.
- Denbnovetsky, V., Melnyk, V.I., Melnyk, I.V. and Tugay, B.A. (2003), Model of control of glow discharge electron gun current for microelectronics production applications, Proceedings of SPIE. The Sixth International Conference on “Material Science and Material Properties for Infrared Optoelectronics”, Vol. 5065, pp. 64-76.
- Denbnovetsky, V., Felba, J., Melnik, V.I. and Melnik, I.V. (1997), Model of beam formation in a glow discharge electron gun with a cold cathode, Applied Surface Science, Vol. 111, pp. 288-294.
- Ilin, P. (1985), Chislennye metody resheniya zadach elektrofiziki [Numerical methods for solving elektrophysics problems], Nauka, Moskow, USSR.
- Melnyk, V. and Tuhai, S.B. (2012), “Simulation of geometry of anode plasma boundary in triode high voltage glow discharge electrode systems”, Elektronnoe modelirovanie, Vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 15-28.
- Melnyk, V. and Tuhai, S.B. (2012), “Analytical calculation of anode plasma boundary position in a high voltage glow discharge gap with lighting of additional discharge”, Izvestiya vuzov. Radioelektronika, Vol. 55, no. 11, pp. 50-59.
- Novikov, A. (1983), Istochniki elektronov vysokovoltnogo tleyuschego razryada s anodnoy plasmoy [High voltage glow discharge electron sources with anode plasma], Energo- atomizdat, Moscow, USSR.
- Romanov, Yu. (1992), Populiarnye formaty failov dlya khraneniya graficheskikh izobrazheniy [Popular files formats for saving of graphic images], Unitech, Moscow, Russia.
- Dreiper, and Smit, H. (1987), Prikladnoi regressionnyy analiz [Applied regression analysis], Financy i statistika, Moscow, USSR.
- Denbnovetsky, S.V., Melnyk, V.G. and Melnyk, I.V. (2003), High voltage glow discharge electron sources and possibilities of its application in industry for realising of different technological operations, IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 31, no. 5, pp. 987-993.