Yu.O. Kyrylenko, I.P. Kameneva, A.V. Iatsyshyn, O.O. Popov, V.O. Artemchuk, V.O. Kovach
Èlektron. model. 2020, 42(4):31-48
Paper describes the problem of modeling radiation impact on personnel, population, and the environment in accidents and incidents with spillage of liquid radioactive media (LRM), which includes the process of evaporation of radioactive substances, transport of radionuclides within the emergency room, the dynamics of air emissions and the impact of pollution on certain categories. Shows the analysis of mathematical and software tools for modeling the consequences of radiation accidents and incidents with the spill of LRM among which the RODOS decision-making system deserves special attention. Developed the mathematical model of emission source characteristics, which includes the instantaneous volume concentration of radionuclides in the air of the process room and the atmospheric emission power, which characterize the emergency situations with the LRM spill. Proposed to improve the process of data preparation for modeling radiation accidents taking into account the spillage of LRM in order to further integrate the developed tools into the decision-making system of RODOS.
radiation accidents, emission source, liquid radioactive substances, RODOS system.
- Ministry of Health. (1997), Radiation safety standards of Ukraine (RSSU-97). Approved by the Ministry of Health by Order №208 of July 14, Ukraine.
- (2006), IAEA-TECDOC-1200 Applications of probabilistic safety assessment (PSA) for nuclear power plants, IAEA, Vienna.
- (2006), IAEA-TECDOC-1511 Determining the quality of probabilistic safety assessment (PSA) for applications in nuclear power plants, IAEA, Vienna.
- Ministry of Health. (2000), Radiation safety standards of Ukraine, additions: Radiation protection from potential radiation sources (RSSU-97 / A-2000). Approved by the Ministry of Health by Order № 116 of July 12, Ukraine.
- Neeb, K-H. (1997), The radiochemistry of nuclear power plants with light water reactors, Handbook - Berlin, New York, USA.
- (2017), Security analysis report. Analysis of design basis accidents, Rivne NPP.
- (2016), Security analysis report. Research reactor VVR-M, Institute for Nuclear Research of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- (2010), INES-2008 International scale of nuclear and radiological events, IAEA, Vienna.
- Kyrylenko, Yu.O. and Kameneva, I.P. (2018), The problem of assessment of radial inundation in case of accidents and bottling of radioactive radioactive mediums, Modelyuvannya ta informatsiyni tekhnolohiyi, no. 82. pp. 52-64.
- “National Nuclear Energy Archive LAKA”, available at: https://www.laka.org/docu/ines/ event/ (accessed July 13, 2020)
- (2017), Analysis of the incident on September 22, 2009 with non-closing of the impulse-safety device of the pressure compensator at the power unit № 3, the Rivne NPP, available at: http://www.ispnpp.kiev.ua/wp-content/uploads/2017/2011_15/c51.pdf (accessed July 13, 2020).
- (2015), Notification of NNEGC Energoatom regarding the deviation in the operation of KhNPP, available at: http://www.energoatom.kiev.ua/ (accessed July, 2020).
- (2014), Radiation Protection and Safety of Radiation Sources: International Basic Safety Standards. GSR Part 3 - Interim edition, International Atomic Energy Agency.
- (2017), Computer Code Manuals Vol. 1: Primer and Users’ Guide, MELCOR.
- “Modular Accident Analysis Program”, available at: https://www.fauske.com/nuclear/ maap-modular-accident-analysis-program (accessed July 13, 2020).
- (1997), Code Manual for CONTAIN 2.0: A Computer Code for Nuclear Reactor Containment Analysis.
- “Sandia National Labs”, available at: https://www.sandia.gov/ (accessed July 13, 2020).
- “ANSYS”, available at: https://www.ansys.com/ (accessed July 13, 2020).
- “OpenFOAM”, available at: https://www.openfoam.com/ (accessed July 13, 2020).
- “SolidWorks”, available at: https://www.solidworks.com/ (accessed July 13, 2020).
- (2016), Order of NNEGC Energoatom №526-r regarding the entry into force of the list of settlement codes, available at: http://energoatom.com.ua/uploads/others/0.06.555-18-IV_ 11.01.2019.pdf
- Kyrylenko, Yu.O. and Kameneva, I.P. (2018), “Computer tools for modeling the consequences of radiation accidents and violations of normal operation of nuclear power plants”, Modelyuvannya ta informatsiyni tekhnolohiyi. Vol. 84, pp. 79-87.
- “Annals of the International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP)”, ICRP, Compendium of Dose Coefficients based on ICRP, no. 119.
- Thykier-Nielsen, S., Deme, S. and Mikkelsen, T. (1999), Description of the Atmospheric Dispersion Module RIMPUFF, RODOS(WG2)-TN(98)-02.
- Hoe, S., McGinnity, P., Charnock, T., Gering, F., Schou Jacobsen, L.H. and Havskov Srensen, J. (2019) “ARGOS Decision Support System for Emergency Management”, the Proceedings of the Argentine Radiation Protection Society.
- Chibwe, D.K., Guven, A., Chris, A. and Rauf, H. Eric. (2011), “Chemical Product and Process Modeling CFD Modelling of Global Mixing Parameters in a Peirce-Smith Converter with Comparison to Physical Modelling CFD Modelling of Global Mixing Parameters in a Peirce-Smith Converter with Comparison to Physical Modelling”, Chemical Product and Process Modeling, Vol. 6, no. 1, pр. 1-18.
- Meneveau, C. and Katz, J. (2000), “Scale-Invariance and Turbulence Models for Large-Eddy Simulation”, Rev. Fluid Mech, Vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 1-32.
- “NP.306.2.173-2011 On approval of the Requirements for determining the size and boundaries of the observation zone of a nuclear power plant”, available at: https://zakon.rada. gov.ua/ go/z1343-11 (July 13, 2020).
- (1990), “Accident Consequence Code System (ACCS)”, MELCOR, Vol. 3, available at: https://www.osti.gov/servlets/purl/7038439/ (accessed July 13, 2020).
- (2012), Description of Models and Methods. US NRC, Office of Nuclear Security and Incident Response.
- Homann, S. and Aluzzi, F. (2014), “HotSpot. Health Physics Codes. Version 3.0. User’s Guide”, LLNL-SM-636474.
- Kameneva, I.P. and Kyrylenko, Yu.O. (2018), “Preparation of initial data for problems of modeling of radiation influence at accidents with spill of liquid radioactive environments”, the Proceeding of the International conference "Modeling 2018", рp. 162-165.
- Kameneva, I.P. and Kyrylenko, Yu.O. (2019), “Mathematical modeling of the emission source in accidents with spillage of liquid radioactive media”, the Proceeding of the XXXVII scientific and technical conference of young scientists and specialists of the Pukhov Institute for Modeling in Energy Engineering of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, May 15, 2019, pp. 19-25.
- Kyrylenko, Y., Kameneva, I., Popov, O., Іatsyshyn, A., Artemchuk, V. and Kovach, V. (2020), Source Term Modelling for Event with Liquid Radioactive Materials Spill. Collective monograph “Systems, Decision and Control in Energy I”, Springer. DOI: 10.1007/ 978-3-030-48583-2.