V.V. Рetrov, E.E. Antonov, S.M. Shanoilo
The traditional Fresnel focusing lens concentrates the light intensity in the center of the formed image. However, sometimes it is necessary to convert a parallel light beam into a light circle; such transforming flat Fresnel lenses are often used in signal processing systems. We propose an algorithm for simulation of Fresnel microprismatic structures that form a uniformly illuminated circle in the focal plane. This method is similar to our simulation algorithm previously proposed for creating focusing microprismatic elements with flat annular focusing facets. The proposed structures with a discrete change of refraction angles for transformation of light beams can be easily fabricated by the method of diamond cutting, which allows obtaining the flat conical working surfaces of high optical quality. The size of such prismatic structures should not be too large to reduce the discreteness of the formed images, so the simulation method involves the creation of refractive zones from several identical small microprisms. A modified algorithm for simulating the parameters of transforming lens is proposed, which takes into account the processes of light concentration by the lens and narrowing of light fluxes by microprisms.
Fresnel ring microprisms, light beam concentrator, calculation of refractive zones, simulating microprism parameters, diamond cutting method.
- Palmer, С.A. and Loewen, E.G. (2014), Diffraction Grating Handbook, 7th edition, Newport Corporation, NY, USA.
- Soifer, S.A. (1999), "Computer Optics: Diffractive Optical Elements", Soros Educational Journal, no. 4.
- Koronkevich, V.P., Korolkov, V.P. and Poleschuk, A.G. (1998), "Laser Technologies in Diffractive Optics", Optoelectronics, Instrumentation and Data Processing, no. 6, pp. 38-
- Poleshchuk, A.G., Nasyrov, R.K. and Asfour, J.M. (2009), "Combined Computer-Generated Hologram for Testing Steep Aspheric Surfaces", Optics Express, Vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 5420-
- Liu, X.P., Cai, X.Y., Chang, S.D. and Grover, S.P. (2005), "Bifocal Optical System for Distant Object Tracking", Express, Vol. 13, no. 1, p.136–141.
- Korolkov, V.P., Nasyrov, R.K. and Shimansky, R.V. (2008), "Zone-Boundary Optimization for Direct Laser Writing of Continious-Relief Diffractive Optical Elements", Applied Optics, 45, no. 1, p. 53-62.
- Lenkova, G.A. (2015), "High-Efficiency Diffractive Focusing Deflective Element", Optoelectronics, Instrumentation and Data Processing, Vol.51. pp. 560–567.
- Sokolova, E.A. (2004), "Simulation of Mechanically Ruled Concave Diffraction Gratings by Use of an Original Geometric Theory", Applied Optics, 43, no. 1, pp. 20-28.
- Volkov, A.V., Kazansky, N.L. and Rybakov, O.E. (1998), "Investigation of Plasma Etching Technology for Obtaining Multi-Level Diffractive Optical Elements", Computer Optics, no. 18, pp. 111-
- Antonov, E.E., Kryuchyn, A.A., Fu, M.L., Le, Z.C., Petrov, V.V. and Shanoilo, S.M (2015), Mikropryzmy: optychni parametry ta kontrolʹ [Microprisms: Optical Parameters and Monitoring], Akademperiodyka, Kyiv, Ukraine. ISBN 978-966-360-284-4.
- Brinksmeier, E., Gläbe, R. and Schönemann, L. (2012), "Diamond Micro Chiseling of Large-Scale Retroreflective Arrays", Precision Engineering, Vol. 36, pp. 650–657.
- Lapshin, V.V., Zakharevich, E.M. and Grubyi, S.V. (2016), "Machining of Linear Negative Matrices for Fresnel lenses and prisms), Russian Engineering Research, no. 7, pp. 60- URL: http://www.mashin.ru/eshop/iournals/vestnik mashinostroeniya/2016/07/ .
- Antonov, E.E. (2012), "Calculation Algorithms for Parameters of Annular Focusing Microprismatic Structures", Data Recording, Storage and Processing, Vol. 14, no. 23, pp. 38-47. DOI: 10.35681/1560-9189.2012.14.2.105049.
- Petrov, V.V., Antonov, E.E., Kryuchyn, A.A. and Shanoilo, S.M. (2019), Mikropryzmy v oftalʹmolohiyi [Microprisms in Ophthalmology], Naukova Dumka, Kyiv, Ukraine. ISBN 978-9660-00-1639-2.
- Born, M. and Wolf, E. (1998), Principle of Optics, 7th ed., Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
- Petrov, V.V., Antonov, E.E., Manko, D.Yu., Zenin, V.N. and Shanoilo, S.M. (2020), "Simulation and Investigation of Parameters for Light Beam Concentrators", Data Recording, Storage and Processing, Vol. 22, no. 3. pp. 3-13.
- Petrov, V.V., Antonov, E.E. and Shanoilo, S.M. (2010), "Light Chromatism, Diffraction and Visual Acuity for Fresnel Microprisms", Data Recording, Storage and Processing, Vol. 12, no.1, pp.49-
- Sultanova, N., Kasarova, S. and Nikolov, I. (2009), "Dispersion properties of optical polymers", Acta Physica Polonica A, Vol.116, pp.585-587. URL: http://www.refractiveindexes.info.
- SOLIDWORKS 2020. URL: http://www.solidworks.com.
- Software for design and analysis of illumination and optical systems. URL: https://www.lambdares.com/tracepro/.