Èlektron. model. 2019, 41(4):19-34
The problems of matrix representations of normalized octonions with division, as well as splitThe problems of matrix representations of normalized octonions with division, as well as splitoctonions due to non-associative multiplication are considered. An algorithm for matrix multiplicationis proposed, which makes it possible to formulate a new approach to the matrix representationof octonions, which can equally be used to represent both ordinary and split octonions. Theexamples illustrating the issues raised in the article are given.
octonions, split octonions, nonassociative, matrix representations of numberoctonions, split octonions, nonassociative, matrix representations of numbersystems.
2. Gogberashvili, M. (2006), “Octonionic electrodynamics”, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, Vol. 39, mo. 22, pp. 7099-7104.
3. Nurowski, P. (2009), “Split Octonions and Maxwell Equations”, Acta Physica Polonica A, Vol. 116, no. 6, pp. 992-993.
4. Chanyal, B.C. (2015), “Octonion generalization of Pauli and Dirac matrices”, International Journal of Geometric Methods in Modern Physics, Vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 1550007-1- 1550007-24.
5. Baez, J.C. (2001), “The octonions”, Bulletin of the American Mathematical Society, Vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 145-205.
6. Rozenfeld B.A. (1955), Neyevklidovy geometrii [Non-Euclidean Geometries], GITTL, Moscow, SSSR.
7. Sinkov, M. V., Kalinovsky, Ya.A. and Boyarinova, Yu.E., (2010), “Matrix Representations of Isomorphic Hypercomplex Numerical Systems”, Reyestratsiya, zberihannya i obrobka. Danykh, Vol. 12, no. 4. pp. 43-53.
8. Klipkov, S.I. (2014), “The generalized analysis of matrix representations of associative hypercomplex numerical systems used in problems of power engineering”, Reyestratsiya, zberihannya i obrobka. Danykh, Vol. 16, no. 2. pp. 28-41.
9. Tian, Y. (2000), “Matrix Representations of Octonions and their Applications”, Advances in Applied Clifford Algebras, Vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 61-90.
10. Zorn, M. (1933), “Treatises from the Mathematical”, Seminar of the University of Hamburg, no. 9, pp. 395-402.
11. Daboul, J. and Delbourgo, R. (1999) “Matrix representation of octonions and generalizations”, Journal of Mathematical Physics, no. 40, pp. 4134-4150.
Full text: PDF