Sumgayit State University
Azerbaijan, AZ5008, Sumgayit, 43rd block,
Èlektron. model. 2021, 43(1):107-116
This paper considers the problem of optimal control of branched water supply systems. To control the system, the problem of optimal distribution of products is delivered whereas non-linear programming problems are applied. We consider a system for providing products, consisting of magistral and distribution pipelines, taking products from the magistral pipeline. Each distribution line has many warehouses. Products are taken into the system using the main intake facility and transferred between the warehouses using intermediate distribution facilities. To eliminate the deficiencies in management, tasks are set to determine the necessary intensities of product supply in the facilities, allowing timely provision of consumers with the necessary volume of products, to minimize losses, product discharges of facilities in the system during a certain control period.
water supply system, water supply line, water supply point, optimal control, water consumption, optimization criteria.
- Blackburn L. and Young A., Rogers P. (2019), “Dynamic optimization of a district energy system with storage using a novel mixed-integer quadratic programming algorithm”, Optimization and Engineering, Vol. 20, No 2, pp. 575-603.
- Jabari, F., Mohammadi-ivatloo, B. and Ghafouri, J. (2019), “Optimal short-term coordination of water-heat-power nexus incorporating plug-in electric vehicles and real-time demand response programs”, Energy. Elsevier, Vol. 174, pp. 708-
- Gumbatov, I.M. (2006), “Development of an automated control system for technological processes of water intake and water distribution (on the example of the Upper Khanbulanchay water management complex)”, Abstract of Cand. Sci. (Tech.) dissertation, Baku, Azerbaijan.
- Hong, S.Y. (2019), Water and energy circulation characteristics and their impacts on water stress at the provincial level in China, Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment. DOI:1007/s00477-019-01735-6
- Zhuravleva, I.V. (2011), Reconstruction of engineering networks and water supply and wastewater facilities: textbook, Voronezh. state architect. building. un-t, Voronezh, Russia.
- Iskenderov, A.A. (2008), “Compilation of optimal water distribution schedules for branched irrigation canals”, Nauchnye izvestija Sumgaitskogo Gosudarstvennogo Universiteta, no. 2, pp. 85-88.
- Melekhov, E.S. (2003), “Comprehensive optimization of sources and piping systems for group water supply”, Abstract of Ph.D. dissertation, Irkutsk,
- Altinoz, O.T. and Yilmaz, A.E. (2019), “Multiobjective Hooke-Jeeves algorithm with a stochastic Newton-Raphson-like step-size method”, Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 117, pp. 166-175.