Yu.M. Zaporozhets, A.V. Ivanov, Yu.P. Kondratenko, V.M. Tsurkin
Èlektron. model. 2020, 42(4):49-70
In the second part of the work the authors present some results of computer simulation of the melt electric current treatment (ECT) process performed on the basis of differential equations by the finite element method using COMSOL software package. From experience of numerical experiments shortcomings of such models have been revealed that limit possibility of their use in algorithmic procedures, which are embedded in the integrated three-componentin formation system (ITIS), described in the first part. The physically adequate computer models based on the integral representation of the ECT process equations, developed by the authors, which are adapted to the specific problems of control of melt treatment modes, have been relieved of these drawbacks. The results of verification of the developed models by analytical samples are presented, as well as examples of solving problems that simulate ECT modes. The obtained results create the basis for transition to implementing of the entire concept of automation of ECT modes control system.
computer model, differential, integral equations, current, field, finite elements, iteration, convergence, accuracy.
- Zaporozhets, Yu.M., Ivanov, A.V., Kondratenko,Yu.P. and Tsurkin, V.M. (2020), “Computer models for mode control of electric current treatment of melts at specified quality criteria for cast products. P. I”, Modelirovanie, Vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 53-69.
- Podoltsev, A.D. and Kucheryavaya,I.N.(2015), “Multiphysics modeling of the induction heating and melting of conductive workpieces with magnetic flux concentrator”, Elektron. modelirovaniye, Vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 97-107.
- Farrokhnejad, M. (2013), “Numerical Modeling of Solidification Process and Prediction of Mechanical Properties in Magnesium Alloys”, Electronic Thesis and Dissertation Repository, available at: https:// ir.lib.uwo.ca/etd/1459 (accessed August 3, 2020).
- Vito, L. (2016), “Modelling and Simulation of the Electric Arc Furnace Processes”, the Proceedings of the 9th EUROSIM & the 57th SIMS 1, September 12-16, Oulu, Finland. DOI: 10.3384/ecp171421.
- Kazak, O.V. and Semko, A. N. (2009), “Simulation of electrovortical fields in metallurgical furnaces”, Modelir, Vol. 2, no. 21, pp. 48-53.
- Podbereznaja, I.B. (2014), “Application of the spatial integrated equations for calculation of quasistationary electromagnetic fields in electromechanical devices”, Izvestiya SFedU. Engineeringsciences, Vol. 3, 152, pp. 250-264.
- Timofeev, V.N. and Khatsyuk, M. Yu. (2017), “Analytical Calculation of Differential and Integral Electromagnetic Characteristics of MHD-Stirrer”, Journal of Siberian Federal University. Engineering & Technologies, Vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 74-84. DOI: 10.17516/1999-494X-2017-10-1-74-84.
- Ivanov, A.V. and Tsurkin, V.N. (2018), “Peculiarities of Distribution of Electromagnetic and Hydrodynamic Fields for Conductive Electric Current Treatment of Melts in Different
Modes”, Eng. Appl. Electrochem, Vol. 55, no. 1, pр. 53-64.
- Shcherba, А.А. and Ivanov, А.V. (2013), “Electrotechnical compact systems for treatment of metals melts with high-voltage electro-discharge pulses”, Pratsi Instytutu Electrodynamiky NAN Ukrainy [Works of the institute of electrodynamics of the NAS of Ukraine], Kiev, Ukraine, Iss. 36, pp. 96-102.
- Zhang, Y.H., Xu, Y.Y. and Ye, C.Y. (2018), “Relevance of electrical current distribution
to the forced fow and grain refnement in solidifed Al-Si hypoeutectic alloy”, Scientific Reports, Vol. 8, no. 3242. DOI: 0.1038/ s41598-018-21709-y.
- Roache, P. (1980), Vychislitel'nayagidrodinamika [Computational Fluid Dynamics], Mir, Moscow, Russia.
- Vinogradov, D.A., Teplyakov, I.O. and Porohon'ko, V.B. (2016), Metodika chislennogo modelirovaniya elektrovihrevyh techenij v plavil'nyh agregatah s ispol'zovaniem tehnologii CUDA [Methods of numerical simulation of eddy currents in melting units using CUDA technology], available at: http://www.itp.nsc.ru/conferences/avtfg 14/files/15.pdf (accessed August 3, 2020).
- Zaporozhets, Y., Ivanov, A. and Kondratenko, Y. (2019), “Geometrical Platform of
Big Database Computing for Modeling of Complex Physical CurrentTreatment of Liquid Metals”, Data, Vol. 4.
- Zaporozhets, Y.M., Kondratenko, Y.P. and Kondratenko, V.Y. (2018), “Mathematical Model of Magnetic Field Penetration for Applied Tasks of Electromagnetic Driver and Ferromagnetic Layer Interaction”, Applied Mathematics and Computational Intelligence. FIM 2015. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, Springer, 730, pp. 40-53.
- Tikhonov, A.N. and Samarsky, A.A. (1977), Uravneniya matematicheskoj fiziki. Uchebnoeposobiedlyavuzov [Equations of mathematical physics. Textbook for High Schools], Nauka, Moscow, Russia.
- Sveshnikov, A.G., Bogolyubov, A.N. and Kravtsov, V. V. (1993), Lektsii po matematicheskoy fizike [Lectures in Mathematical Physics], Nauka, Moscow, Russian.
- Demirchian, K.S. and Chechurin, V.L. (1986), Mashinnyye raschety elektromagnitnykh poley [Computer Calculations of Electromagnetic Fields], Vyisshaya shkola, Moscow, Russia.
- Zaporozhet, Yu. M. (1983), “Research of fields of permanent magnets and development of methods for their calculation in magnetic systems of power electrical devices”, Abstract of Cand. Sci. (Tech.) dissertation, Institute of Electrodynamics of the Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR, Kiev, Ukraine.
- Anufriev, I.E., Smirnov, L.B. and Smirnova, E.N. (2005), MATLAB 7, BHV, St. Petersburg, Russia.
- Tikhonov, A.N. and Arsenin, V.Y. (1979), Metody resheniya nekorrektnyh zadach [Methods of Solving the Incorrect Problem], Nauka, Moscow, Russia.
- Verlan', A.F. and Sizikov, V.S. (1978), Metody resheniya integral'nyh uravnenij s programmami dlya EVM [Methods for the Solution of Integral Equations Using Computer Programs], Naukova Dumka, Ukraine, Kiev.
- Ionkin, P.A. (1976), Nelineinye tsepi i osnovy teorii elektromagnitnogo polia [Nonlinear circuits and the foundations of the theory of the electromagnetic field], Vyisshaya shkola, Moscow, Russia.