V.A. Evdokimov, A.V. Polykhin
Èlektron. model. 2022, 44(4):121-129
The article examines the problem of price determination in the market for the day ahead (DAM) the problem of determining prices in their bids by market participants, which has a significant impact on the economic condition of such market participants, and market strategy directly affects the welfare of the market as a whole. The simulation model and the modeling process are described as a conceptual approach to determining prices and volumes, which affects the work of DAM participants. The modeling of the processes of determining the price position of market participants — sellers on the DAM within the limits of a computer model was studied. There is an objective need to develop an appropriate information system for the Ukrainian market, which is intended to help market participants in making decisions about determining prices in applications for the DAM auction, as well as to improve the economic indicators of enterprises in the economic sector.
day ahead market, optimization, computer modelling, bid price.
- On the electricity market: Law of Ukraine of 13.04.2017 № 2019-VIII, Information of the Verkhovna Rada, 2019, № 27-28.
- On amending the Law of Ukraine "On the Electricity Market": Law of Ukraine of 04.12.2019 № 330-IX, Information of the Verkhovna Rada, 2020, № 11.
- On the approval of the "day-ahead" and intraday market rules: Resolution of the NERCEP of 14.03.2018 № 308, Government courier, June 23, 2018, № 118.
- Results of RDN bidding, available at: https://www.oree.com.ua/index.php/control/results_mo/ DAM (accessed: January 15, 2021).
- Blinov, I.V. and Parus, E.V. (2011), “The approach to the formation of lots of manufacturers at the auction for the purchase and sale of electricity”, Pratsi Instytutu elektrodynamiky NAN Ukrayiny, Vol. 28, pp. 20-25.
- Careri, F., Genesi, C., Marannino, P., Montagna, M., Rossi, S. and Siviero, I. (2010), “Bidding strategies in day-ahead energy markets: System marginal price vs. pay as bid”, 7th International Conference on the European Energy Market, available at: https://ieeexplore. ieee.org/document/5558675.
- Korolev, M. and Uglov, D. (2004), “Making applications for sale…”, Professionalnyy zhurnal, pp. 64-69.
- Amelina, A.Yu., Lisin, E.M., Anisimova, Yu.A. and Strielkovski, V. (2013), “The choice of the optimal strategy of the behavior of the generating company in the day ahead market in terms of market regulation”, Vektor nauki TGU, Vol. 4. pp. 63-68.
- Mikeshina, A.A. (2010), “Strategy of behavior of the generating company in the wholesale electricity market”, Ekonomika, Statistika i Informatika, Vol. 6. pp. 190-192.
- Filatov, S.A. (2005), “Models and methods of formation of optimal strategies of behavior of generating companies in the wholesale electricity market”, Abstract of Cand. Sci. (Econ.) dissertation, St. Petersburg GIEU, St. Petersburg, Russia, available at: https://www.dissercat.com/content/modeli-i-metody-formirovaniya-optimalnykh-strategii-povedeniya-generiruyushchikh-kompanii-na/read.
- Sekretarev, Yu.A., Myatezh, T.V. and Moshkin, B.N. (2018), “Mathematical model of managing the operation of the generating company in modern conditions”, Inzhiniring georesursov, Vol. 329, no. 2. pp. 146–158.
- Kyrylenko O.V., Blinov, І.V., Parus, E.V. and Ivanov, G.A. (2019), “Simulation model of the electricity day ahead market with implicit consideration of network constraints of energy systems”, Tekhnichna elektrodynamika, Vol. 5, pp. 60-67.
- Ge, X., Li, K., Wang, F. and Mi, Z. (2019), “Day-ahead Market Optimal Bidding Strategy and Quantitative Compensation Mechanism Design for Load Aggregator Engaging Demand Response”, IAS 55th Industrial and Commercial Power Systems Technical Conference (I&CPS).