S.S. Shevchenko, PhD in Technical Sciences,
senior research officer Pukhov Institute for Modelling
in Energy Engineering of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine
15, General Naumov Str. Kiev, 03164, Ukraine
Èlektron. model. 2020, 42(5):66-81
A functional block diagram of a mechanical seal as a dynamic system giving an idea of interaction of its basic elements has been developed. A method for computing loads in a friction pair of the mechanical seal, sealed liquid leakage, friction power losses in the end pair, as well as deformations of sealing rings is proposed. This allows the operational factors that affect seal performance to be taken into account during the design phase.
mechanical seal, functional block diagram, force and temperature deformations, friction power, leakage.
- Gaft, J. and Marcinkowski, M. (2004), “A choice of the seal for the shaft of the pump”, the Proceeding of Pump users International Forum, Science and Engineering, September 29-30, Karlsruhe, 2004, pp. 45-52.
- Martsynkivskyi, V.A. and Shevchenko, S.S. (2018), Nasosy atomnykh elektrostantsiy: raschet, konstruirovaniye, ekspluatatsiya [Pumps of nuclear power plants: calculation, design, operation], CHF izd-vo «Universitetskaya kniga», Sumy, Ukraine.
- Gaft, J. (2005), “Comparative economic indicators of the main types of pump rotor seals”, Trudy 11-y mezhdunarodnoy nauchno-tekhnicheskoy konferentsii «Germetichnost', vibronadezhnost' i ekologicheskaya bezopasnost' nasosnogo i kompressornogo oborudovaniya» [Proceedings of the 11th International Scientific and Technical Conference "Tightness, Vibration Reliability and Environmental Safety of Pumping and Compressor Equipment"], Vol. 1, 2005, pp. 38-45.
- Melnyk, V.A. (2008), Tortsevyye uplotneniya valov. Spravochnik [Mechanical shaft seals. Directory], Mashinostroyeniye.
- Mayer, E. (1978), Tortsevyye uplotneniya [Mechanical seals], Mashinostroyeniye, Moscow, USSR.
- Golubiev, A.I. (1974), Tortsovyye uplotneniya vrashchayushchikhsya valov [Mechanical seals of rotary shafts], Mashinostroyeniye, Moscow, USSR.
- Kondakov, L.A. (1972), Uplotneniya gidravlicheskikh sistem [Seals of hydraulic systems], Mashinostroyeniye, Moscow, USSR.
- Krevsun, E.P. (1998), Tortsovyye germetizatory vrashchayushchikhsya valov [Mechanical seals of rotary shafts], Art-Feks, Minsk, Belarus.
- Mueller, H.K. and Nau, B.S. (1998), Fluid sealing technology, Marcel Dekker, New York, USA.
- Błasiak, S. and Kundera, C. (2012), “A numerical analysis of the grooved surface effects on the thermal behavior of a non-contacting face seal”, Procedia Engineering, Vol. 39, pр. 315-326.
- Falaleev, S.V. and Vinogradov, A.S. (1996), “Creation of workable in conditions deformations of mechanical seals”, Trudy VIII Mezhdunarodnoy nauchnotekhnicheskoy konferentsii «NASOSY-96» [Proceedings of the VIII International Scientific and Technical Conference "PUMPS-96"], Vol. 2, IPP «Mriya» LTD, Sumy, pp. 53-60.
- Adamczak, S., Kundera, C. and Swiderski, J. (2017), “Assessment of the state of the geometrical surface texture of seal rings by various measuring methods”, IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 233, no. 1, pр. 12-31.