A.A. Vladimirsky, I.A. Vladimirsky
Èlektron. model. 2021, 43(4):22-37
Two parametric methods for determining the coordinates of leaks in underground pipelines are presented. The methods are a development of the well-known correlation method for determining the coordinates of leaks in the direction of taking into account complications that introduce a multiplicity of types of waves and damage in conjunction with extraneous interference. Both methods use secondary data processing, namely the processing of correlation functions to determine their quality parameters, which are then maximized. According to the first method, maximization occurs using the spatial displacement of the sensors at the points of access to the pipeline, according to the second method, by choosing the frequency range of signals. For this, the correlation function is provided in the form of a frequency dependence of its quality parameters - power, signal-to-noise ratio, with the display of the corresponding coordinate. Also, the concepts of "coordinate shelf" and its length, which are convenient for analysis, are used. The methods have been practically tested. Both methods are explained with examples.
pipeline, wave, correlation, leak.
- Baranov, V.M. (1990), Akusticheskiye izmereniya v yadernoy energetike [Acoustic measurements in nuclear power engineering], Energoatomizdat, Moscow, USSR.
- Drobot, Yu.B., Greshnikov, V.A. and Bachegov, V.N. (1989), Akusticheskoye kontaktnoye techeiskaniye [Acoustic contact leak detection], Mashinostroyeniye, Moscow, USSR.
- Callakot, R. (1989), Diagnostika povrezhdeniy [Diagnostics of damages], Mir, Moscow, USSR.
- Allen, R. (1976), Patent US4083229A; G01M3/24; (IPC1-7): G01M3/00; G01M3/243 (EP); “Method and apparatus for detecting and locating fluid leaks”; application date September 28, 1976, publication date April 11, 1978.
- Trevor, J. (1991), Patent US5205173A; G01M3/24;(IPC1-7): G01M3/00; G01M3/243; “Method and apparatus for detecting leaks in pipelines using cross-correlation techniques”; application June 21, 1991, publication date April 27, 1993.
- Zhukovsky, N.Ye. (1948), O gidravlicheskom udare v vodoprovodnykh trubakh [About hydraulic shock in water pipes], Gostekhizdat, Moscow, USSR.
- Rewerts, L.E., Roberts, R., and Clark, M.A. (2013), “Dispersion compensation in acoustic emission pipeline leak location”, Plenum Press, 427–434 pp.
- Vladimirsky, A.A., Vladimirsky, I.A. and Semenyuk, D.N. (2005), “Refinement of the diagnostic model of the pipeline to increase the reliability of leak detection”, Akustychnyy visnyk Instytutu hidromekhaniky NAN Ukrayiny, 3, no. 8, pp. 3-16.
- Vladimirsky, А.A. (2019), “Parametric methods for diagnostics of underground pipelines from the urahuvannya of large-scale expansion of information signals”, Elektronne modelyuvannya, Vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 3-17.
- Kameyama, Sh., Kimura, T. and Wadaka Sh. (1999), Patent JP2001108563A; G01M3/24; “Abnormal part detector”, application date October 05, 1999, publication date April 20, 2001.
- Hunaidi, O. (2001), Patent CA2397174A1; G01M3/24; “PC multimedia-based leak detection system for water transmission and distribution pipes”, application date January 12, 2001, publication date July 19, 2001.
- Ovchinnikov, A.L., Lapshin, B.M., Chekalin, A.S. and Evsikov, A.S. (2008), “Experience of using the leak detector TAK-2005 in the city pipeline economy”, Izdatel'stvo Tomskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta, Matematika i mekhanika. Fizika. Prilozheniye: Nerazrushayushchiy kontrol' i diagnostika, 312, no. 2, pp. 196-202.
- Avramchuk, V.S., and Chan, V.T. (2009), “Time-frequency correlation analysis of digital signals”, Izdatel'stvo Tomskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta, Vol. 315, no. 5, pp. 112-115.
- Gonorovsky, I.S. (1986), Radiotekhnicheskiye tsepi i signaly [Radio-technical circuits and signals], Radio i svyaz, Moscow, USSR.
- Vladimirsky, A.A. and Vladimirsky, I.A. (2000), “Method of frequency analysis of characteristics of correlation functions of vibration signals”, Tezy KHKH naukovo-tekhnichnoyi konferentsiyi «Modelyuvannya» [XX scientific and technical conference "Model": theses of the conference], Kyiv, IPME, June 12-14, 2000, pp. 23-24.
- Vladimirsky A.A. and Vladimirsky І.A. (2020), Patent No. 144444; G01M 3/24, G01M 3/18, F17D 5/02, “Parametric correlation method of determining the coordinates of turns of pipelines”, publication date September 25, 2020,
- Vladimirsky A.A. and Vladimirsky І.A. (2021), “Сorrelation parametric methods for determining the coordinates of leaks in underground pipelines”, Elektronne modelyuvannya, Vol. 43, no. 3, pp. 3-17.