V.V. Sapozhnikov, Vl.V. Sapozhnikov, D.V. Efanov, V.V. Dmitriev, M.R.Cherepanova
Èlektron. model. 2018, 38(1):87-98
The authors adduce a way of formation of a code with summation, that is based on the weighting of transitions between adjacent bits in data vector and operations with transitions weight indexes. The consequence has been established for weight indexes and simple rules of modification of the code with summation of weighted transitions that allow us to form optimal, from the point of view of the minimumnumber of data bits undetectable errors, codes. It is shown that new codes allow organizing the concurrent error detection systems with lowered redundancy.
concurrent error detection system, testable system, hardware redundancy, error detection, duplication system, parity-based check system, code with summation, Berger code, optimal code with summation, code with summation of weighted transition, modified code with summation of weighted transition, benchmark circuits.
1. McCluskey, E.J. (1986), Logic design principles: with emphasis on testable semicustom circuits, Prentice Hall PTR, New Jersey, USA.
2. Smolens, J.C., Jangwoo, Kim, Hoe, J.C. and Falsafi, B. (2005), “Understanding the performance of concurrent error detecting superscalar microarchitectures”, Proceedings of the 5th IEEE International Symposium on Signal Processing and Information Technology, Athens, Greece, December 21, 2005, pp. 13-18.
3. Fujiwara, E. (2006), Code design for dependable systems: theory and practical applications, John Wiley & Sons, New Jersey, USA.
4. Choudhury, M.R. and Mohanram, K. (2008), “Approximate logic circuits for low overhead, non-intrusive concurrent error detection”, Proceedings of the Ñonference on Design, Automation and Test in Europe (DATE’08), Munich, Germany, March 10-14, 2008, pp. 903-908.
5. Theeg, G. and Vlasenko, S. (2009), Railway signalling & interlocking, International compendium, Eurailpress, Hessen, Germany.
6. Bousselam, K., Di Natale, G., Flottes, M. and Rouzeyre, B. (2010), “Evaluation of concurrent error detection techniques on the advanced encryption standard”, Proceedings of 16th IEEE International On-Line Testing Symposium (IOLTS), Corfu, Greece, July 5-7, 2010, pp. 223-228.
7. Ubar, R., Raik, J. and Vierhaus, H.-T. (2011), “Design and test technology for dependable systems-on-chip”, Information Science Reference, IGI Global, Hershey, New York, USA.
8. Goessel, M. and Graf, S. (1994), Error detection circuits, McGraw-Hill, London, UK.
9. Lala, P.K. (2001), Self-checking and fault-tolerant digital design, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, USA.
10. Sogomonyan, E.S. and Slabakov, E.V. (1989), Samoproveryaemye ustroystva i otkazoustoychivye sistemy [Self-checking devices and failover systems], Radio i svyaz, Moscow, Russia.
11. Sapozhnikov, V.V. and Sapozhnikov, Vl.V. (1992), Samoproveryaemye diskretnye ustroystva [Self-checking digital devices], Energoatomizdat, St. Petersburg, Russia.
12. Parkhomenko, P.P. and Sogomonyan, E.S. (1981), Osnovy tekhnicheskoy diagnostiki (optimizatsiya algoritmov diagnostirovaniya, apparaturnye sredstva) [Bases of technical diagnostics (optimization of diagnostic algorithms and equipment)], Energoatomizdat, Moscow, Russia.
13. Slabakov, E.V. and Sogomonyan, E.S. (1981), “Self-checking computing devices and systems (review)”, Avtomatika i telemekhanika, no. 11, pp. 147-167.
14. Piestrak, S.J. (1995), Design of self-testing checkers for unidirectional error detecting codes, Oficyna Wydawnicza Politechniki Wrocavskiej, Wrocaw, Poland.
15. Touba, N.A. and McCluskey, E.J. (1997), “Logic synthesis of multilevel circuits with concurrent error detection”, IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, Vol. 16, pp. 783-789.
16. Nicolaidis, M. and Zorian, Y. (1998), “On-line testing for VLSI, à compendium of approaches”, Journal of Electronic Testing: Theory and Applications, no. 12, pp. 7-20.
17. Mitra, S. and McClaskey, E.J. (2000), “Which concurrent error detection scheme to choose?”, Proceedings of International Test Conference, USA, Atlantic City, NJ, October 03-05, 2000, pp. 985-994.
18. Matrosova, A., Levin, I. and Ostanin, S. (2001), “Survivable self-checking sequential circuits”, Proceedings of 2001 IEEE International Symposium on Defect and Fault Tolerance in VLSI Systems (DFT 2001), San Francisco, California, October 24-26, 2001, pp. 395-402.
19. Kastensmidt, F.L., Carro, L. and Reis, R. (2006), Fault-tolerance techniques for SRAMbased, Springer, Dordrecht, Netherlands.
20. Efanov, D.V., Sapozhnikov, V.V. and Sapozhnikov, Vl.V. (2010), “On summation code properties in concurrent error detection systems”, Avtomatika i telemekhanika, no. 6, pp. 155-162.
21. Sapozhnikov, V.V., Sapozhnikov, Vl.V. and Efanov, D.V. (2015), “Application of summation codes for synthesis of railway automation and remote control systems using programmable logic integrated circuits”, Avtomatika na transporte, Vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 84-107.
22. Sapozhnikov, V.V., Sapozhnikov, Vl.V. and Efanov, D.V. (2015), “Dangerous errors detection at the operational outputs of combinational logic circuits”, Avtomatika na transporte, Vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 195-211.
23. Sogomonyan, E.S. (1974), “Design of inbuilt test self-checking circuits for combinational devices”, Avtomatika i telemekhanika, no. 2, pp. 121-133.
24. Aksyonova, G.P. (1979), “Necessary and sufficient conditions for the design of totally checking circuits of compression by modulo 2”, Avtomatika i telemekhanika, no. 9, pp. 126-135.
25. Ghosh, S., Basu, S. and Touba, N.A. (2005), “Synthesis of low power CED circuits based on parity codes”, Proceedings of the 23rd IEEE VLSI Test Symposium (VTS’05), Palm- Springs, CA, May 1-5, 2005, pp. 315-320.
26. Palframan, D.J., Nam Sung Kim and Lipasti, M.H. (2011), “Time redundant parity for low-cost transient error detection”, Proceedings of the Conference on Design, Automation and Test in Europe (DATE’11), Grenoble, France, March 14-18, 2011, pp. 1-6.
27. Berger, J.M. (1961), “A note on error detecting codes for asymmetric channels”, Information and Control, Vol. 4, Iss. 1, pp. 68-73.
28. Bose, B. and Lin, D.J. (1985), “Systematic unidirectional error-detection codes”, IEEE Trans. Comput., Vol. C-34, no. 11, pp. 1026-1032.
29. Das, D. and Touba, N.A. (1999), “Synthesis of circuits with low-cost concurrent error detection based on Bose-Lin codes”, Journal of Electronic Testing: Theory and Applications, Vol. 15, Iss. 1-2, pp. 145-155.|
30. Blyudov, A.A., Efanov, D.V., Sapozhnikov, V.V. and Sapozhnikov, Vl.V. (2012), “Formation of modified Berger code with minimum number of undetectable errors of data bits”, Elektronnoe modelirovanie, Vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 17-29.
31. Blyudov, A.A., Efanov, D.V., Sapozhnikov, V.V. and Sapozhnikov, Vl.V. (2014), “On sum codes of unit bits in concurrent error detection systems, Avtomatika i telemekhanika, no. 8, pp. 131-145.
32. Berger, J.M. (1961), “A note on burst detecting sum codes”, Information and Control, Vol. 4, Iss. 2-3, pp. 297-299.
33. Das, D. and Touba, N.A. (1999), “Weight-based codes and their application to concurrent error detection of multilevel circuits”, Proceedings of the 17th IEEE VLSI Test Symposium, Dana Point, California, USA, April 25-29, 1999, pp. 370-376.
34. Das, D., Touba, N.A., Seuring, M. and Gossel, M. (2000), “Low cost concurrent error detection based on modulo weight-based codes”, Proceedings of the 6th IEEE International On-Line Testing Workshop (IOLTW), Palma de Mallorca, Spain, July 3-5, 2000, pp. 171-176.
35. Ghosh, S., Lai, K.W., Jone, W.B. and Chang, S.C. (2004), “Scan chain fault identification using weight-based codes for SoC circuits”, Proceedings of the 13th Asian Test Symposium, Taiwan, Kenting, November 15-17, 2004, pp. 210-215.
36. Srihari, P. (2014), “Sum codes: a binary channel coding scheme”, International Journal of Computer Science and Technology, Vol. 5, Iss. 1, pp. 60-64.
37. Sapozhnikov, V.V., Sapozhnikov, Vl.V. and Efanov, D.V. (2014), “Weighted sum codes for control organization of logic units”, Elektronnoe modelirovanie, Vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 59-80.
38. Efanov, D., Sapozhnikov, V., Sapozhnikov, Vl. and Nikitin, D. (2015), “Sum code formation with minimum total number of undetectable errors in data vectors”, Proceedings of the 13th IEEE East-West Design &Test Symposium (EWDTS’2015), Batumi, Georgia, September 26-29, 2015, pp. 141-148.
39. Saposhnikov, V. and Saposhnikov, Vl. (1999), “New code for fault detection in logic circuits”, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Unconventional Electromechanical and Electrical Systems, St. Petersburg, Russia, June 21-24, 1999, pp. 693-696.
40. Mehov, V., Saposhnikov, V., Sapozhnikov, Vl. and Urganskov, D. (2007), “Concurrent error detection based on new code with modulo weighted transitions between information bits”, Proceedings of the 7th IEEE East-West Design & Test Workshop (EWDTW’2007), Erevan, Armenia, September 25-30, 2007, pp. 21-26.
41. Mehov, V.B., Sapozhnikov, V.V. and Sapozhnikov, Vl.V. (2008), “Checking of combinational circuits basing on modification sum codes”, Avtomatika i telemekhanika, no. 8, pp. 153-165.
42. Sapozhnikov, V.V., Sapozhnikov, Vl.V., Efanov, D.V. and Dmitriev, V.V. (2014), “Properties of sum codes with weighted transitions with direct sequence of weight factors”, Informatika i sistemy upravleniya, no. 4, pp. 77-88.
43. Sapozhnikov, V., Sapozhnikov, Vl., Efanov, D., Dmitriev, V. and Cherepanova, M. (2015), “Optimum sum codes, that effectively detect the errors of low multiplicities”, Radio Electronics & Informatics, no. 1, pp. 17-22.
44. Busaba, F.Y. and Lala, P.K. (1994), “Self-checking combinational circuit design for single and unidirectional multibit errors”, Journal of Electronic Testing: Theory and Applications, Iss. 5, pp. 19-28.
45. Sapozhnikov, V.V., Morosov, A., Sapozhnikov, Vl.V. and G oessel, M. (1998), “A new design method for self-checking unidirectional combinational circuits”, Journal of Electronic Testing: Theory and Applications, Vol. 12, Iss. 1-2, pp. 41-53.
46. “Benchmarks: LGSynth89”, available at: http://www.cbl.ncsu.edu:16080/benchmarks/LGSynth89/ mlexamples/
47. “Collection of digital design benchmarks”, available at: http://ddd.fit.cvut.cz/prj/Benchmarks/.
48. Yang, S. (1991), “Logic synthesis and optimization benchmarks user guide: Version 3.0”, Technical Report, 1991-IWLS-UG-Saeyang, MCNC, USA.
49. Sentovich, E.M., Singh, K.J., Lavagno, L., Moon, C., Murgai, R., Saldanha, A., Savoj, H., Stephan, P.R., Brayton, R.K. and Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, A. (1992), “SIS: a system for sequential circuit synthesis”, Electronics Research Laboratory, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of California, Berkeley, USA.